Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

*URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review

Article about: Hello everyone Ralph, sorry I don't have time to look for the proper German name for this cap. I'd very much appreciate the knowledge of those who know infinitely more about these than I do.

Default *URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review

Hello everyone

Ralph, sorry I don't have time to look for the proper German name for this cap.

I'd very much appreciate the knowledge of those who know infinitely more about these than I do.

Thanks

Jamie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement *URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a nice Bergmutze for mountain troops but the Edelweiss badge does not appear correct and it faces in the wrong direction. I included a photo of what a period Edelweiss should look like. That begs the question then what else could be tampered with. I would still wait for more opinions nonetheless.

Cheers Al

*URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for reviewVS*URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review

?

Here is another reference for the Edelweiss badge posted on this forum awhile back by another member. The one on the cap doesn't resemble either one, not sure what period it's from

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Ralph, sorry I don't have time to look for the proper German name for this cap.
    Thanks

Jamie
    It has nothing to do with the Orders and Decorations section of the forum so, have at 'er.
    You might find your edelweiss in this thread.
    Rad traditions cap insignia
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

At first glance it looks RAD but a closer look one sees differences, I think there was a second pattern though.. Very, very similar . G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture *URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review  
    Attached Images Attached Images *URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

It is RAD.. Photo credit Wim. P.B.R. Saris..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture *URGENT* Gendarmerie cap at auction and for review  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    It is RAD.. Photo credit Wim. P.B.R. Saris..

Thank you for the clarification. So theoretically, the badge could be original to the cap. It could have been period applied because it was the only one available to the owner at the time. We've all seen many photo's where uniform regulations were not strictly adhered to.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post

Thank you for the clarification. So theoretically, the badge could be original to the cap. It could have been period applied because it was the only one available to the owner at the time. We've all seen many photo's where uniform regulations were not strictly adhered to.
    Very true. Have seen many original period photos where a little "improvisation" took place with a soldier's uniform either due to lack of availability of 100% correct insignia or due to personal whim. The German reputation for discipline and exactitude notwithstanding, those guys were human beings too and sometimes they felt like deviating from regulations or simply had to make-do.

That having been said, just be aware that many collectors obsess over stuff being "textbook" and it may hurt resale value if you ever need to sell.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Aldo View Post
    We've all seen many photo's where uniform regulations were not strictly adhered to.
    Here is proof, a war time photo of my father. Notice the cap insignia.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Here is proof, a war time photo of my father. Notice the cap insignia.
    Ralph.
    And another, cap insignia again.
    He wears a metal eagle on his O/S cap.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast