Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Various Cap Eagles

Article about: Hello, please cast your eyes over these cap eagles. I am happy with the large Luftwaffe eagle but, the others do not convince me. I paid little for them, which may be a give away in itself.

Default Various Cap Eagles

Hello, please cast your eyes over these cap eagles. I am happy with the large Luftwaffe eagle but, the others do not convince me. I paid little for them, which may be a give away in itself. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Various Cap Eagles   Various Cap Eagles  

Various Cap Eagles   Various Cap Eagles  

Various Cap Eagles   Various Cap Eagles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Various Cap Eagles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Various Cap Eagles

The two heer and the two SS are all fakes, IMO. The two luft I am not as certain about, but I could doubt their originality as well.

Jerry

Sorry, but I would agree with Jerry: every single one is bad.

Cheers, Ade.

Did any original cap badges come out in a solid back? I do not think so.
    Tom

I am a little bit displeased. It is very easy to say: rubbish, bad or fake. But you dont tell us the reason. So, please keep quiet or explain it to us!

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    I am a little bit displeased. It is very easy to say: rubbish, bad or fake. But you dont tell us the reason. So, please keep quiet or explain it to us!
    As they are such obvious copies, I felt no need to elaborate, but here are some reasons.

The Heer and SS are poorly made with soft solder attached copper alloy pins typical of copies and not seen on originals. The luft examples are better, but still copies, poorly detailed and manufactured in a manner not used for original luft cap eagles.

It is usually better to be polite when asking for extra information, as people only post opinions because they want to, not because they have to.

Jerry

Hey Jerry, the expression on the second Luft eagle looks like it's trying to lay an egg!
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Hey Jerry, the expression on the second Luft eagle looks like it's trying to lay an egg!
    Tom
    Hi Tom,

and its full of casting pits.

It is rewarding when you offer an opinion and the thread starter never responds. Also when others gert shirty about your answer and then again dont respond, even if you do as they ask. Is everyone so polite these days?

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, as you know, I place great store on politeness on the forum. It is very bad manners for someone not to acknowledge help and assistance given to them.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Tom
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing, it's just the funny looking expression & shape of the beak. oh yeah & look at the eyes. sorry not being a jerk, but it is funny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast