Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Veterans Association Officer's Visor

Article about: I got this with another cap a while back. It's really nice and is marked as a Veterans Association Officer's Visor. As I have stated before, I really love the lesser known branches of the Re

Default Veterans Association Officer's Visor

I got this with another cap a while back. It's really nice and is marked as a Veterans Association Officer's Visor. As I have stated before, I really love the lesser known branches of the Reich. They have their own history and story to tell. They also have some of the coolest insignias. This one is really nice looking with some mothing, looks original but not used much. I think it says "Die vorſchriftsmäſzig Mütze"? A little hard to make out. the rest marked "des Soldatenbundes Ges. Gesch.". The pinning through the piping on one side I have never seen before. Not sure what to make of it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veterans Association Officer's Visor
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The "pin" you mention is actually the two ends of the round wire band that runs through the piping.

Don't know these veteran visors well but it looks good to me. But willing to be corrected
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The "pin" you mention is actually the two ends of the round wire band that runs through the piping.

Don't know these veteran visors well but it looks good to me. But willing to be corrected
    That's actually what I meant. It's where the piping comes together or "pinned together" but I've never seen it outside the cap like that.

?

It says "Die vorschriftsmäßige Mütze des Soldatenbundes" ges. gesch. (=gesetzlich geschützt), in English: "The regulation cap of the Soldatenbund" ges. gesch. (=protected by law).

That the metal spring protrudes the piping means that however it was joined (by soldering/by a small tube etc.) this joint has broken. Difficult to impossible to repair this without damaging the piping.

I had no intention of repairing it. It stays as it lays.

Nice Soldatenbund for Artillery.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    I had no intention of repairing it. It stays as it lays.
    I am sure you'll store it carefully so that the sharp edges won't do any harm to other caps (or this cap). Nice real silver (?) cap cords BTW!

Thanks, and yeah, I'll move it to the end of the shelf on the left so the ends don't poke anything.