Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Veterans cap?

Article about: Hi, I've already posted this question on another maybe older thread so is this the right place to ask the question again? If not, please feel free to delete it. I have a veteran visor cap wi

Default Veterans cap?

Hi, I've already posted this question on another maybe older thread so is this the right place to ask the question again? If not, please feel free to delete it. I have a veteran visor cap with the gold metal oakleaf wreath but has a woven badge in the centre. The hatband has alternating oakleaves/towers but no swastikas. The chinstrap is black twisted cord held in place by two small black buttons which have an anchor on each. Is this marine? What type of badge goes above the wreath in this case is it an eagle or a roundel. Any help apreciated. Cheers, Roland.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veterans cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Welcome to the new cloth headgear forum!

Sounds like naval veterans association and the early type has a badge same as the tower on the band, I think, though I have only seen generic army examples, though I know that for the NS-RKB, naval versions existed, so I assume they did for the earlier pre-nazis oraganisation. If I find a pic, I will post it.

Jerry

Looking forward to present to you my first aquisition on the forum.
    in the meanwhile have fun!
    cheers
    kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi, here are some images of my veterans cap, does it have an eagle or roundel above the wreath? Many thanks, Roland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veterans cap?   Veterans cap?  

Veterans cap?   Veterans cap?  

Default Re: Veterans cap?

The label inside reads KYFHAUSERBUNDMUTZE and I think it says ges gesch below this with an NSDAP style eagle below. The visor itself is covered in the same navy blue material as the cap.

Roland, that is a hard one to date as to the time period based on these pics. Is the sweatdiamond celluloid or plastic?
    I do not believe it is Third Reich, however.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I believe this to be a post war vet visor. No swastikas were allowed, and they were made this way without them. Just my opinion.

Many thanks for the input and info. I suspected that it was post-war but wasn't sure, I got it given so didn't lose out on it anyway, in fact I also got an aluminium vets breast eagle marked 4 ges, gesch and a pressed metal vets cap badge marked der NS Reichkriegerbund. Cheers Roland.

Another post-war Kyffhauserbund feature is the use of maltese crosses in lieu of the swastikas.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”