Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!

Article about: Description The Third German Reich 1933 - 1945 - Leading Personalities of the 3rd Reich : Persönliche Schirmmütze Adolf Hitlers als Reichsleiter und oberster Führer der NSDAP. Brown visor

Default Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!

Description
    The Third German Reich 1933 - 1945 - Leading Personalities of the 3rd Reich : Persönliche Schirmmütze Adolf Hitlers als Reichsleiter und oberster Führer der NSDAP.

Brown visor hat, on the upper edge gold bullion edging. Swastica Eagle stiched directly on the brown cloth in the best quality in gilded metal thread embroidery (bullion) and yellow wool threads.

Brown velvet cuff with edges of gilded metal threads and oak wreath embroidered directly on velvet. The metal cockade with strong traces of oxidation.

Gold cap cord of knitted gilded metal threads on gilded buttons. Brown leather visor (restored) pulled particularly far forward.

Lining of ivory colured silk with celluloid trapeze and maker's mark "Marke Holters" as well as swastica eagle and Adolf Hitler's initials " A H".

The trim is heavily rubbed due to age and wear. Light brown leather sweatband. Various small moth damages, the metal effects darkened, the leather peak somewhat cracked (restored). Much wor visor hat with corresponding signs of age and wear.

This type of visor hat corresponds to the visor caps for the political Reich leaders (Reichsleiter) of the NSDAP.

The piece offered here is unquestionably identified as the personal cap of the Führer and Reich Chancellor Adolf Hitler by the embossed wearer initials "AH" as well as the provenance and the two affidavits of Heinrich Hoffmann and Heinz Linge.

Attached handwritten affidavit of Hitler's personal photographer Heinrich Hoffmann dated 9/9/1973 with the following wording:

"On the basis of my earlier activity from 1940 - 1944 at the Führer's headquarters as a photographer of Adolf Hitler, I hereby declare in lieu of an oath, to the best of my knowledge and belief, that the peaked cap with the company logo HOLTERS and the initials A H, as well as the sovereign eagle, presented to me today and illustrated overleaf and signed by me, is a cap of Adolf Hitler. I remember to have had this cap in my hand several times at that time. The color of the color enlargements overleaf do not exactly match the original, they have a slight green cast."

Dated "Hamburg 9.8.73" with original signature Heinrich Hoffmann and stamp "ZEITGESCHICHTLICHES BILDARCHIV HEINRICH HOFFMANN".

Attached is a photo of Heinrich Hoffmann with the cap offered here.

Also attached personal affidavit of the SS - Obersturmbannführer and personal valet of Adolf Hitler Heinz Linge dated 10.08.1973 with the following wording:

"From 1935 to 1945 I, Heinz Linge, born on 22.3.13 was chief of the personal service of Adolf Hitler. On the basis of my many years of activity for Adolf Hitler, I hereby declare in lieu of an oath that the brown peaked cap presented to me today and shown in this folder and signed by me - with the trademark "Holters", the initials A.H. and a sovereign eagle - is one of Adolf Hitler's caps which, because of its casual shape, he wore preferably before the war on walks on the Obersalzberg."

Dated: "Hamb., d. 10.8.73" with original signature Heinz Linge.

Attached is a photo of Heinz Linge with the cap offered here for auction.

Attached to the affidavits are four color photos of the cap offered here for auction, signed by Heinrich Hoffmann and Heinz Linge.

Much like Napoleon before him, Adolf Hitler deliberately kept his personal uniform extremely simple and dispensed with any unnecessary adornment. He wore neither special badges of rank nor any other conspicuous insignia of rank. Through this outwardly visible modesty, he stood out impressively from the surrounding, often pompously appearing entourage of high-ranking functionaries. The exaggerated self-promotion displayed by some high-ranking political leaders was "only endured with difficulty" by Hitler and was expressly disapproved of.

The personal peaked cap of Adolf Hitler offered here was auctioned on September 28/29, 1973 by the former auction house Tradition ( lot 4178) in the well known restaurant "Chinesischer Turm" in the Englischer Garten (Munich city Park) in Munich by Hermann Otto Winiarski.

The visor hat was purchased by a a very important Swiss private collector at that time.

Attached is an original catalog of the auction as well as a press report from the Swiss newspaper Weltwoche of October 17, 1973 about the auction of the Hitler visor hat and a copy of a photograph of the auctioneer Winiarski with the Adolf Hitler Visor offered at auction.

One of the most significant, truly museum-quality objects from the personal possession of the Führer and Reich Chancellor Adolf Hitler ever offered at auction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!   Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!  

Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!   Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!  

Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!   Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!  

Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!
    P
    Many

& with the low, LOW starting price of only 250,000 EU!:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor of Adolf Hitler for Sale!!!  

?

I don't know which cap was presented to Linge in 1973 - it doesn't seem to be this one, rather this one in post # 61: Hitler Visor #4 (or 6) - yet Linge should have known how the real ones looked like. Provided that he really wrote this, I wonder why he did so.
    I already pity the person who is willing to pay more than - lets say € 100,- for this "work of art".

-

FYI all--the Auctioneer pulled the hat (& believe me, it will pop up again in the near future--you just can't keep a bad hat down....)

I'd pay € 100 for it...

Hello,
    it reminds me a french tv show in which some guys were touring Paris in coach with japanese tourists, trying to sell a pair of Adolf Hitler's burned black pants from the July 20th assassination attempt...quite funny
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

That's an insane amount of $ they were asking for that.

While unique and at the top of the chain of desirability I can think of so many other things in life that those $ could be used for. Many years ago I heard a saying which is quite truthful, 1 persons ceiling is another persons floor. Still holds true today. To spend that and then put the visor in a cabinet to look at.....wondermus as they say in Aracadiana.

Then today an update from a dealer comes in, an IC 1st class spange with an asking price of over a grand, no case, just an every day 1st class spange. it is in great condition but seeing that made me choke on my coffee.....omg....

Rich, I call it "Covid Crazy"--I have never seen anything like the last 2 years in this hobby.

People are snapping up common items in average condition for (what used to be) mint prices.
    It has been so bad that dealers are complaining about their own lack of inventory (I am regularly asked if I am going to sell anything, and if so, to sell it thru their sites).

My thought is that we ended up with a lot of "dabblers" in the hobby, who became flush with cash over the past 2 years as a result of not going out, and an insane housing market with record low interest rates.

I have to believe the market will get back to normal over the next 2 years, due to skyrocketing gas prices; inflation; the war in Ukraine; supply chain issues; and the Fed's promise to raise interest rates at every meeting this year.

Right now, its a seller's market, that is for sure.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Rich, I call it "Covid Crazy"--I have never seen anything like the last 2 years in this hobby.

People are snapping up common items in average condition for (what used to be) mint prices.
    It has been so bad that dealers are complaining about their own lack of inventory (I am regularly asked if I am going to sell anything, and if so, to sell it thru their sites).

My thought is that we ended up with a lot of "dabblers" in the hobby, who became flush with cash over the past 2 years as a result of not going out, and an insane housing market with record low interest rates.

I have to believe the market will get back to normal over the next 2 years, due to skyrocketing gas prices; inflation; the war in Ukraine; supply chain issues; and the Fed's promise to raise interest rates at every meeting this year.

Right now, its a seller's market, that is for sure.
    I look at what I purchased over the last 3 decades and have enjoyed what I've been able to purchase. I think about new collectors entering this mine infested hobby and think that their opportunities to get original not messed with militaria gets slimmer by the month.

As far as getting back to normal, I think this "new normal" will be the old normal in 2 years. Over those decades I'd never seen a return to what that normal was, just increase after increase of prices and lack of original items being available.

I am due for back fusion surgery, a year of recovery is required and then my plan is to get a table at SoS & start moving what I collected. But then I think not to, and to keep on getting what I can afford although I am now on pension. I thank God my home is paid off, that I've managed to diversify and be involved in old Harley Davidsons. What we see here in this hobby holds true there as well. HD Knuckleheads that sold for 20-30K are now 50-60k and higher.

It all makes me gasp for air and wonder how new collectors would be attracted to both hobbies. Then I realize that the old "I make 45k a year" is now "I make 90k a year" so perhaps rising wages will provide new collectors with the means to get involved. Then seeing fuel, food, medical costs more gasping happens.

We are in times of inflation rising faster than a tornados funnel. But a $1,000.00 + EK 1st class spange? Hard to swallow that!