Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Visor Cap Market in 2021....

Article about: ...has gone nuts. I thought the TR hobby peaked in 2007 (just before the Great Recession), never to return to those kind of levels again. How wrong I was--I am seeing 2007 on steroids. The m

Default The Visor Cap Market in 2021....

...has gone nuts. I thought the TR hobby peaked in 2007 (just before the Great Recession), never to return to those kind of levels again.
    How wrong I was--I am seeing 2007 on steroids.

The most recent Hermann Historica auction prices were high (I was outbid left & right).
    A ZO visor I turned down a few years ago at 7K went for 20,000 Euros (and it was not mint).

Grenadier showed strong prices, especially for (no surprise) SS headgear.
    This nice (but not mint) Officer visor went for $13,000 + commission:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Visor Cap Market in 2021....   The Visor Cap Market in 2021....  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Visor Cap Market in 2021....
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Auction house owners lately...

It's not just visor cap prices Chris. I think a lot of bidders have gone "Covid crazy". I noticed a sharp inflation in auction bidding as soon as all the lockdowns hit last year.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Todd, I agree, it seems people were able to save up a lot of $ (or Rubles) over the past year by not going out--I never saw so much pent-up demand in this hobby, ever.

(Not only is TR militaria going nuts, the housing market here has gone full-out cloud-cuckoo!)

TWS
    ?

I'm seeing the same thing. Meanwhile a strong Euro is kicking my butt too.

Have you seen the housing market where I live? I think I'm at ground zero for the insanity.

Beyond even real estate, just try buying a C8 Corvette... you won't get one for anywhere near sticker. Same for even a lot of categories of used cars.

Some travelers are having trouble getting rental cars because the rental companies sold part of their inventory during lockdown and now due to supply chain issues slowing new car production they cannot stock back up.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

I was watching a few caps at the Grenadier Auction & was taken aback by the prices realized.
    Hopefully, if my knee holds up, I will be going to the OVMS Show in Wilmington,OH this Friday.
    I must admit having some trepidation as to the prices I may encounter!
    Yes, there is a LOT of pent up demand; not a good time to be looking for a new or used vehicle & houses are selling within days, or even hours after being listed, even here in western PA.

BobS

I have 2 words still ringing in my ears from the .com bust of '99 & the Recession of '08: "Irrational Exuberance".....

I think I read that the black SS crusher on Bruce's auction went for around 17K !!

Ah well... there is always Tiddleywinks or Monopoly I guess

Bob

?

I agree that the market on SS caps and SS cap insignia in general have skyrocketed in the last year. I was fortunate enough to buy three SS visors in the last two years just before the boom. I had saved enough for one more Waffen SS cap but procrastinated and now my funds are just a down payment in the current market. Any Officers version is out of the question as they exceed the 10K mark, so I'll keep looking for an affordable em version if there is such a thing any longer. In the meantime I'll console myself with what I have.

Cheers, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I agree that the market on SS caps and SS cap insignia in general have skyrocketed in the last year. I was fortunate enough to buy three SS visors in the last two years just before the boom. I had saved enough for one more Waffen SS cap but procrastinated and now my funds are just a down payment in the current market. Any Officers version is out of the question as they exceed the 10K mark, so I'll keep looking for an affordable em version if there is such a thing any longer. In the meantime I'll console myself with what I have.

Cheers, Al

Geeze Aldo Mate!! Cry Me A River!

?

I know LOL, it's my "let them eat cake" moment but I'm still bummed out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast