Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Visor -- Flea Market Find

Article about: Hello everyone, I thought that I would post some pictures of my Luftwaffe NCO flight crew visor. It's the only German visor that I own. I purchased it at a local flea market in the early 197

?

Default Visor -- Flea Market Find

Hello everyone,

I thought that I would post some pictures of my Luftwaffe NCO flight crew visor. It's the only German visor that I own. I purchased it at a local flea market in the early 1970s when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, I was not careful enough with storage in the early years which resulted in some of the moth damage on top. Otherwise its in pretty good shape. I checked behind the sweat band for unit identification but no such luck. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor -- Flea Market Find   Visor -- Flea Market Find  

Attached Images Attached Images Visor -- Flea Market Find 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor -- Flea Market Find
    P
    Many

Beautiful piece. It's a real shame how you just don't find things like this at flea markets anymore. Thank you for sharing.

?

Thanks Panzerschreck. I still remember the day I got it.... very exciting. Actually, I was about 13 and my dad loaned me the money to make the purchase. The seller had a large table full of other memorabilia. I sure wish we had picked up some of the other items. He had more visors, helmets, and even uniforms, if I remember correctly. We were regulars at the flea market, but did 'nt see him again or that much pure militaria at the market in the years that followed.

Tom

MAP
    ?

I love the early eReL's. Nice visor (moths and all).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Still a nice piece. Thanks for sharing.

I remember as a young teen in the mid-80's there was one flea market dealer who had an indoor shop upstairs in the barn and he had a couple visors. I recall a Heer Infantry Officer's that was priced at a whooping $95. Too much for me back then.