Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!

Article about: Boy, there's a label to record! Thanks, Stone.

Default Re: Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!

These Luftfahrtwerwaltung armbands also indicated rank (or for a civilian, position)--note the tresse:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!   Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!
    P
    Many

Wim and HPL have added some excellent information about these uniforms here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...-eagle-318859/

who is able to show the mignorette green cap and armband?

This is listed as a Luftwaffe Air Ministries Visor Cap. Anyone aware of any regulations for it?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!   Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!  

Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!   Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!  

Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!   Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!  

As I mentioned in the other thread:
    Also a uniform for the same functions, but serving at the Reichsluftfahrtministerium was introduced. Instead of the red, the color was mignorette-green.
    One should note that before 1937 the armband worn was 13.0 cm wide, made from grey-blue material and held the indication "Luftfahrtverwaltung" in matt
    grey cotton embroidery. At the edges the armband had a 2.0 mm piping from wine-red material (Luftwaffen-Verordnungsblatt, Nr. 29 from July 20, 1936.
    Pages 343-344, number 882: Dienstkleidung für Wächter und Pförtner). The armband (and visored cap) had to be worn when civil clothings were worn (order L.D.
    Nr. 41 158/36 II.Ang. IV 2b from the Reich-minister).

So Air-Ministry was green and not red or reddish

Wim--I agree, the hat is not for the Air Ministry. But, are you aware of any LW regulations that would allow for such a color scheme on any Third Reich visor?

Most likely the LW insignia was added after the war--but what was it originally is my question.

No, would not know right away!
    Could they have used a wrong color of red?

Wim, that was my thought as well--but what a manufacturing error if it did occur:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Visor for an Obscure Elite Luftwaffe Unit! 

Hello,

I think the mistake was made by the photographer of the cap when photographing and
    not by the manufacturer Lubstein.

Compare the both colors for the cloth from the top. Reduce it to the greyish color for the
    cap from post 38, then also the color for the red changes. I am not that good with it, but
    a little correction already gives another appearance (see below, two different color-tones).
    Maybe the one or the other can do it better then me.

Here is the first LW mignonette-green elevator operator/doorman visor I have seen.
    Unfortunately, it is a ground-up fake, and an older one at that:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast