Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Visors from Film & TV

Article about: Just watched a film I had not seen for decades: "Night of the Generals" with Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. (The movie has held up very well over the years, and if you have not see

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

Jürgen Prochnow as Käpitanleut. Lehmann in "Das Boot". (1981)

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

With Klaus Wennemann as Leut. Ing. Grade in "Das Boot". (1981)

Visors from Film & TV

Erwin Leder as Obermaschinist Johann in "Das Boot". (1981)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visors from Film & TV
    P
    Many

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

Ulrich Mühe as Kapitänleut. Gerber in "The last Uboot". (1993)

Visors from Film & TV

Ulrich Mühe again, 14 years later, in 2006 as STASI oficer in "Das leben der anderen" (Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film 2007). A man from the Stasi, with conscience.

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

Thomas Kretschmann as KäpitanLeut. Gunther Wasner in "U571". (2004)

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

Ken Duken as KapitänLeut. Werner Hartenstein in "The sinking of the Laconia". (2010)

Visors from Film & TV

And of course ... an image with Thomas Kretschmann as Admiral Dönitz.

Visors from Film & TV

Good hunting, gentlemen!

Visors from Film & TV

I would like to take the opportunity of this thread of the forum and the kindness of Stonemint, to dedicate a few moments to the memory of a great German actor: Wolfgang Preiss (1910 - 2002)
    He was a German actor of theater, cinema and television, who filmed more than one hundred films in German and european and international productions. His undying fame in Germany came to him in 1942, with his film debut in the film "Die grosse Liebe" (The Great Love) by Rolf Hansen, premiered at the Ufa-Palast in Berlin, and which was seen by more than twenty-seven million spectators, being the highest grossing film in the history of German cinema.
    After the end of WWII, Preiss returned to the theater; and in 1954 to the cinema also, and was soon pigeonholed in the role of the straight and duty-conscious German officer, opposed to fanatical characters (like Paul Scofield in "The Train") role he played in many films later. Repeating it in numerous international productions, mainly in Italy and the USA.
    His "film military career" is impressive as he is the only actor to play four German field marshals:

1. General Feldmarschall Erwin Rommel. In "Raid on Rommel" (1971)
    Visors from Film & TV

2. Field Marshal Gerd von Rundstedt. In "A bridge too far" (1977)
    Visors from Film & TV

3. Field Marshal Albert Kesselring. In "Anzio" (1968)
    Visors from Film & TV

4. Field Marshal Walther von Brauchitsch. In "The winds of war" (1983)
    Visors from Film & TV

- - ------- - -

I am grateful to Mr. Wolfgang Preiss and many other actors for teaching me when I was a kid watching WWII movies in the 70s, that of course there were decent German soldiers fighting for their homeland.

Visors from Film & TV

Default Visors and something more ...

Finally I have to clarify a fact, I hope nobody bothers. And I apologize for that.
    In 1971, he played the role of Marshal Rommel, in the movie "Raid on Rommel" then he was 61 years old.

Visors from Film & TV

It helps us to look at the distinctive crossed batons on his epaulette of his uniform. I put also another frame of this movie.

Visors from Film & TV

Visors from Film & TV

Nine years Before: in the year 1962, Wolfgang Preis played the role of Major General Max Pemsel in the film "The Longest Day", he was then 52 years old.

Visors from Film & TV

In my opinion one of the best German generals in the history of cinema: uniform, haircut and gestures of Mr. Preiss.

- - ------- - -

Visors from Film & TV

Best regards.

?

Another wel known German actor: Joachim Hansen

The Eagle has landed (1976)

Visors from Film & TV

Der Stern von Afrika (1957)

Visors from Film & TV

?

Le Vieux Fusil (1976):

Visors from Film & TV

Breakthrough (1979):

Visors from Film & TV
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV  

Default Visors from "Operation Crossbow"

Screen grabs from the 1965 film “Operation Crossbow” The movie is a highly fictionalized account of the real-life Operation Crossbow, made with a large cast of the time's popular film stars, but it does touch on the main aspects of the operation. The scenes alternate between German developments of the V-1 flying bomb and V-2 rocket,(with a German cast speaking sub-titled German dialog), and British Intelligence and its agents who are attempting to defend against the threats.
    The visor worn by the SS general sports a Wehrmacht eagle, as do at least one other worn by an SS colonel.

Starring George Peppard, Trevor Howard, John Mills, Richard Johnson, Tom Courtnay, Anthony Quayle, Paul Heinrid and Sophia Loren. The disc includes a vintage documentary “A Look Back at Crossbow” that details the factual history behind the operation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV   Visors from Film & TV  

Visors from Film & TV  

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast