Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

W-SS visor for review: an old friend

Article about: Like others on this forum, just guessing, I have paid said author/dealer a fair sum over the years for some very nice things. Stone: Yes, do explain your CW designation for this cap, if you

?

Default W-SS visor for review: an old friend

Many of you have seen this visor on different forums over the years, but in case not, I offer it for consideration and nostalgia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS visor for review: an old friend  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W-SS visor for review: an old friend
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: W-SS visor for review: an old friend

I was somewhat berated for paying up on this, but do not regret it at all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W-SS visor for review: an old friend  

Your cap there is in the Shea Beaver book and I hope you did not sell it. Such is a truly rare cap in wonderful condition.

Thanks for showing it to us. These enlisted caps in grey are quite hard to find and are usually all beat up.

Such is the fate of Blitzkrieg and der Untergang on head wear.

?

It is without flaw as to construction, in my eye, but I welcome other thoughts:

?

Behind the peak:

?

Omitted earlier, perhaps, the TK:

A wonderful piece. I actually examined this cap and admire it again through these images.

If you ever tire of the thing, please let me know.

Thanks for sharing your regalia with us.

?

F-B:

Thanks; it is indeed in the Shea/Beaver book, though my name is unfortunately mis-spelled.

It is safe and sound with other caps in a jungle of anti-moth devices.

The main point: the cap is real while the misspelling of names in no way impeaches your authority or the authenticity of the cap.

There are other errors in the Shea Beaver book, but each book has errors, and we salute the energy of those who have the determination to see a project through.

The internet (i.e. the other site....) knows some blowhards of tombac and cap stitches who have announced their books, and then leave their readers waiting in vain and in the dark. The alibi of "it is forthcoming...." does us no good.

It is to the credit of Bill Shea that he saw the project through, which is doubly difficult in view of Beaver's untimely death.

Thanks to cousin Bruce for his nice material and his generosity in posting. Grey caps are always a source of rancor and bitterness, but feast thine eyes on this one.

A wonderful cap in pristeen condition. I bought a similar piece from a Chicago vet back in the late 60's. He had a number of Kreigsmarine badges and the cap, which he picked up on a Kreigsmarine base somewhere. I would never tire of looking at such a fine condition piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast