Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)

Article about: gents Today I came across 2 SS visors. I will start with this one. I have to admit I am far from experienced when it comes to this kind of high end headgear. As we all know, SS visors can be

Default Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)

gents

Today I came across 2 SS visors. I will start with this one. I have to admit I am far from experienced when it comes to this kind of high end headgear. As we all know, SS visors can be a real minefield. Sad but it is what it is: a close encounter with a colour piped elite cap does almost Always mean you find yourself in front of some crap. However, real ones do exist. We all know how rare they are. Against all odds, I believe this one looks good enough to be reviewed.

All help will be greatly appreciated (as Always)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)   Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)  

Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)   Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)  

Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)   Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Colour-Piped officer Visor for review (pekuro)
    P
    Many

A first clue is the absence of genuine insignia. For me, the construction is a little off and this may be a Frankenstein.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

vB, doubtful. I have yet to see a Pekuro SS visor (of any piping color) which I found was original.
    However, many Frankenstein SS visors are Pekuros, simple because their sweatbands are easy to remove and replace.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Even with the best fake hats, the fakers do not wish to invest in the price of genuine insignia in order to confuse the buyer.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Buyer be warned: this cap is now for sale with added insignia for a very princely sum!

Waffen-SS officer's cap, Waffenfarbe-piped (!) for Kavellerie/Panzer-Aufklaerung

It hasn't gotten any more real over the past 5 years.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”