Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS crusher cap

Article about: This cap was given to me by a local NHS nurse last Monday, it came along with an SD dienstrock and a Janke repro SS officers cap. The other cap and tunic are posted in a different thread, so

Default Waffen SS crusher cap

This cap was given to me by a local NHS nurse last Monday, it came along with an SD dienstrock and a Janke repro SS officers cap. The other cap and tunic are posted in a different thread, so I won't bang on about them here. So the story goes, the crusher was purchased by the nurse a number of years ago, and he was told that it was made in Czechoslovakia nearly 50 years ago (or longer). Because of its age, it shows signs of genuine age related wear. Has anyone ever seen a repro made like this one? The last image is of the interior of a genuine cap, and the underside of the peak is remarkably similar. Click on images to enlarge.

Waffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher capWaffen SS crusher cap

And the interior of a genuine cap. Mods please remove thread to a more suitable one if deemed inappropriate for here.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Waffen SS crusher cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS crusher cap
    P
    Many

Hi Steve, looks like a Janke cap to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Would agree with Ade looks like a basic Janke

I can't say as I have seen a Janke crusher like this... their copies seem much 'posher'.

Have a look at the Janke SS visor on my thread about the SD tunic

SS SD Dienstrock

Cheers,
    Steve

Hello, Modern fake...sorry

?

Quote by Waffen94 View Post
    Unlike some other groups 'Fake' merely doesn't cut the mustard here, please state why.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

With all due respect, I did actually say that it was a reproduction at the start of the thread. It is an old reproduction, and I usually associate 'fakes' as something that is constructed in such a way as to deliberately deceive someone into thinking that they are buying an original. A reproduction though, is just a copy of an original and not meant to deceive.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Did you actually read the first post in this thread, or did you just leap in, desperate to comment?

Regards
    Brett

Ok for more explication Gents, Bad construction, wool, bad pipe, big leather visor....Typical from 80-90' area

The 'big leather visor' is the same size as the vulkanfibre peaks on my genuine caps.