Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?

Article about: Hi there, As of recently, I have taken quite a liking to SS m40’s. This is primarily due to the photos I purchased of an SS volunteer - which show him wearing one rather fashionably (see b

Default Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?

Hi there,

As of recently, I have taken quite a liking to SS m40’s. This is primarily due to the photos I purchased of an SS volunteer - which show him wearing one rather fashionably (see below).

I have since been browsing similar examples online and was wondering what experts might have to say about the following “Waffen SS Feldmütze” from Eagle Relics.

Please find photos and a description of this item at: Waffen SS Feldmutze | Eagle Relics (link has been provided to maintain photo quality).

Would many of you say that the damage to insignias is a-bit overly convenient? Or is this sometimes the case. I believe this particular example sold for £1000 a few months ago - should the buyer of kept his money? Or was this a good move!

I am never this overly curious - but I am absolutely interested to hear from those of you collecting cloth headgear (or SS insignias) on this m40 from Eagle Relics.

Finally, I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the buyer or seller of this article - this is simply curiosity.

Best wishes to all,
    - Scotty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

I have downloaded the pictures to make sure this thread is still of use when this link is gone someday.

As for you question... personally I see nothing wrong with this heavily worn cap. The pictures are very honest and present the buyer with a good overall view of the the item for sale.

Personally I have always been happy to buy from John.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?   Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?  

Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?   Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?  

Quote by scotland99 View Post

I have since been browsing similar examples online and was wondering what experts might have to say about the following “Waffen SS Feldmütze” from Eagle Relics.

Please find photos and a description of this item at: Waffen SS Feldmutze | Eagle Relics (link has been provided to maintain photo quality).
    Please do not just post links, as once the photos disappear from your link, this thread would become useless for others wishing to research this subject.
    Thanks to Jan for posting the photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank-you Jan. I would have done this if requested, very kind of you to do on your own accord. Yes John is very reputable - this is by no means an attack on him, I was simply wondering if wear like this can be expected.

Best,
    -Scotty.

Apologies Ralph. Absolutely noted for future posts.

-Scotty.

Quote by scotland99 View Post
    I was simply wondering if wear like this can be expected.

Best,
    -Scotty.
    Yes, it is quite possible.
    Often these were worn under the helmet, which would account for the wear to the insignia.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Jan
    ?

Thought I´d send you a couple of pics of a cap I have had in my collection for a couple of years now.

These caps are not easy to collect and mine had a few negative comments (as to authenticity) when I first posted it.

Despite this I feel it´s an honest one so I haven´t torched it yet

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?   Waffen SS m40 Feldmütze - thoughts?  

Thanks for sharing Jan. looks nicely warn - absolutely my preference if i were to ever have one. Are those initials also? Furthermore, was this a private purchase or through a dealers site?

I am really starting to want one of these, not sure when the day will come but they look magnificent in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing,
    Scotty.

Jan
    ?

Thanks Scotty, this one came to me from a reputable dealer.

The wear is very solid all over and the insignia has been period applied. Microscopic evaluation of the cap was very informative and in my opinion also necessary in order to try to settle issues regarding originality. I was very happy that the seller allowed me to do all this prior to making the decision to purchase it.

The only issues I have with it are the initials which look a bit odd and could have been appled after the cap was accuired by someone during or after the war.

Best, Jan

?

I saw this cap when it was first listed and was very tempted to buy it because of the relatively low cost due to it's condition. I decided to hold out for one with better insignia like the one Jan has. I do understand though that many collectors like the "been there" heavily worn look. I prefer something in between heavily worn and minty, like Jan's example.

Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast