Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Want to See & Learn More? Join the WRF Gold Club!

Article about: Gents-- There are 2 sub-forums of the Cloth Headgear Forum. The First is "A Guide to Authentic Third Reich Visor Hats." In this forum there are threads on just about every TR visor

Default Want to See & Learn More? Join the WRF Gold Club!

Gents--

There are 2 sub-forums of the Cloth Headgear Forum.

The First is "A Guide to Authentic Third Reich Visor Hats." In this forum there are threads on just about every TR visor cap made.
    They are broken down by organization, and in some cases are broken down further by waffen/truppenfarbe.

The Second is a "Questionable Visor Hats" thread, which is a counterpart to the Authentic hats thread, so you can compare and contrast.

These subforums are available only to Gold Club members.

To join the Gold Club, just click the tab at the top of each page under the banner.
    (It is in green, and says "Join WRF Club"). You can then pay via paypal.

If you are serious about the hobby, and do not want to get burned, it is one of the best investments you can make, and it will save you hundreds of $$$ in the long run.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Want to See & Learn More?  Join the WRF Gold Club!  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Want to See & Learn More?  Join the WRF Gold Club!
    P
    Many

In addition to the 4 threads on the Headgear Forum, you also get these benefits:

The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Hi Guys, I would like to talk to you about the forum and its future and the introduction of a new feature.

We have always tried to make this site different from others online. It was founded on two very important principles:

A place where collectors of like mind could come together to learn and share information about their items in a pleasant and Gentlemanly atmosphere.

This site is not a business and we have never wanted it to become just a money making concern like other well known sites.

I think we have suceeded in our founding principals and the forum is growing each day.

But Forums cost money. A lot of money. I believe we offer more than any other site. A fast trouble free server, free photo hosting, free adverts etc and all in a nice place to be.

We have always wanted the forum to be free to use. This will not change if we can possibly help it. But we have to live in the real world. So we have some advertising and sponsored ads from some trusted dealers. We have always asked for Donations, and with this combined with the adverts, has more or less, covered our costs in previous years.

Donations to the forum (and these are very gratefully received however small) are only covering about 20% of our costs now. I know times are hard. Clearly we cannot rely on these alone now. Sadly not enough people are repaying the good advice given out to them which is saving hundreds of £/$/Euros. I do feel more people could show some appreciation to the site and its members by donating. Without funding the site will close.

So what we would like to offer is a Gold Club membership. The Moderating team have discussed this at some length and it is difficult to get right. We want to offer a little package to those who wish to see the forum continue to survive, grow and succeed. First of all, what will this cost I hear you ask? Here you have two options:

$25 will buy you a year’s membership or alternatively, $10 for 100 days.

What are the benefits: well, first of all, it will mean the forum will keep running! But it will also give you:

Increased PM storage for up to 1000 PM's and no time limit to posting PM's.

The ability to customise your forum browsing experience. There will be the option to remove unwanted sections of the forum which are not to your own particular collecting interests.

A new special Customised Classified adverts section will be introduced with unlimited sales/wants. I think this will be popular.

No Google Adverts.

The ability to create social groups.

In order to keep the site professional looking and egalitarian in nature, there will be no special badges etc against members names.

So please join the Gold Club. If you enjoy the forum, it is for you To join, simply click on the "Gold Club WRF" tab at the top of the page or the link below and follow the instructions from there. We accept a variety of online or payment card methods.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/payments.php

I think $25 represents great value for money. After all a night out would cost you much more today. So $25 for a years subscription works out at about 7 cents a day.

Thank you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Last edited by stonemint; 10-01-2020 at 09:56 PM.

We now have a 3rd subforum available only to WRF Gold Club members: "Period Photographs of Soft Headgear in Wear."

While it is still a work in progress, it contains photos of just about every piece of soft headgear that was worn during the Third Reich: Mountain caps; KM "Donald Duck" caps; M-43s; overseas caps; Kepis; flying caps; crushers; visors; ski caps; panzer berets; female headgear; winter fur caps; visor hats; etc, etc.

I have broken it down by organisation and rank as well (ie, black SS visors are broken down by General/Officers/Other Ranks).

As has been stated, understanding TR headgear requires a multi-prong approach:

1. Examining original examples;

2. Reading primary sources (if you can read and understand German);

3. Examining the fakes;

4. Reviewing secondary source material (such as those listed here):
    Recommended Soft Headgear Collecting Reference Books

5. And lastly, reviewing period photos of actual headgear in wear.

I have tried to limit the photos to good quality closeups with out watermarks, but due to the scarcity of photographs of more uncommon organisations (ie, Water Customs), some do contain watermarks.

We also have a 4th Subforum entitled "Maker/Distributor Guide".
    Every maker (and/or retailer) that I am aware of has its own dedicated thread, with a focus on interior photos (& under the hood pics, if available).

In order to utilize it, just use the search engine and input the maker/distributor name, and if the hat does not have one, utilize whatever words are on the inside of the hat (ie, "Meister Klasse", "Adler Marke", etc).

The Maker/Distributor forum is here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/maker...ference-guide/