Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

what is it/who can help?

Article about: I was mailed and send photographs about a cap, about which it was said to be a HJ service cap patterned for the DLV. In regulations nothing is said about this color for the HJ (anyway I cann

Default what is it/who can help?

I was mailed and send photographs about a cap, about which it was said to be a
    HJ service cap patterned for the DLV.

In regulations nothing is said about this color for the HJ (anyway I cannot find any
    information), above all with a black piping.
    Personally I am giving ear to the voluntary labour service (the FAD, which was active
    before the RAD was instituted). And someone put onto it the DLV wing.

Is anyone able to give a solution. Is it real or is it pure fantasy, so fake?
    Personally I think someone has been fiddling around and made something interesting
    out of it!

what is it/who can help? what is it/who can help?

For a further and eventual development to this thread, please consult the HJ-forum!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-09-2017 at 03:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what is it/who can help?
    P
    Many

Wim, I believe the hat is original to the era, and it has a period Alfred Valet logo.
    I would have to believe the wings were added postwar.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Wim, I believe the hat is original to the era, and it has a period Alfred Valet logo.
    I would have to believe the wings were added postwar.
    Yeah, I know. The wing is anyway added later and neither this cap is for HJ nor DLV.
    But what is it, was my question. It does not fit to any of the available regulations I
    have in my possession. Maybe a cap for an unknown flying organization, who knows!

Remind that headgear for Deutsche Luftfahrt, as well as DLV are made of a coarser
    material and always do have a black visor. Cloth was not mentioned. Not in 1933, nor in
    1935. Within the Deutsche Luftfahrt black piping was in use (as was with the later RLM).
    But the type of material is not mentioned anywhere.

At the HJ-forum another such cap is shown, which has a wreath positioned and the 1937
    version of eagle. This cap is also described as DLV (by HH). Must be added as one thought
    the caps were DLV, due to the color?? But they are not!

Valet had an RZM-permission in 1935 (A1/79) and was also mentioned in the RZM-
    list from 1938.

PS: in a headgear-manufacturers cataloques from about 1935/1936 the materials
    mentioned for the DLV cap were: blue-grey Düffel or tricot. Or lighter-blue cloth and
    tricot, but always there was the black leather visor, as well as the ribbed mohair cap band.
    BUT, I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO LEARN!!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-09-2017 at 06:51 PM.