Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is Your Favorite 'farbe?

Article about: Irregardless of what the color represents, (and out of pure curiousity), what is your favorite color when it comes to Third Reich piping from an aesthetic perspective? (This would include al

Quote by MAP View Post
    Got a little snow there Ralph?
    Just a bit Michael.
    And, it's -30 deg. C, or more at night.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is Your Favorite 'farbe?
    P
    Many

Almost forgot--even the collar of my Reichsverteidigung Fliegerjacke is deep purple:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite 'farbe?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Well... This made me laugh!
    You American boys take over on so many Counts...Cool cars etc...
    Then i looked at my car!!!!
    Just tried to find a piping to go with it
    safest car in the World!

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Then i looked at my car!!!!
    Just tried to find a piping to go with it
    safest car in the World!
    Car prices in Denmark are just stupid, as my Danish friends tell me they are twice the price of anywhere else in Europe and you can't go over to Germany to buy one as they tax you on the way back. They are a lot of nice things about Denmark, just not car prices
    nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Car prices in Denmark are just stupid, as my Danish friends tell me they are twice the price of anywhere else in Europe and you can't go over to Germany to buy one as they tax you on the way back. They are a lot of nice things about Denmark, just not car prices
    nick
    That is absolutly correct!
    We pay the highest in the world tax on our cars
    Stupid laws when it comes to cars here!

LTC, not only do you have great taste in headgear, you have excellent taste in cars as well.
    My wife's first 2 cars were Volvo's muscle for their day--the 1993 850T (222 hp), and the 1997 S70R (250 hp)--both were what we call "sleepers" back in the day.

A very interesting thread (and some nice cars shown too).

For pure aesthetics when it comes to Heer visor caps, my opinion is for a reasonably common piping, I think the red for Artillery is striking against the
    more muted colours of their caps, and they really stand out compared to their other more rare and much harder to find brethren....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite 'farbe?  

Not sure if you are including Luftwaffe caps in this thread .... and again my humble opinion is that the Luftwaffe officer visor caps are among the nicest and most pleasing
    of all 3rd Reich visor caps, but they are all silver piped, so that probably discounts them, however their NCO/Other Ranks visor caps have a nice spread of various
    'farbes, and again, possibly the most common (along with Flak) would be the flight section visors, and for sheer impact, I think the gold-yellow of flight is quite striking
    on the Luftwaffe caps.....

Bob

Silver or Gold counts as a 'farbe as well!

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Silver or Gold counts as a 'farbe as well!
    OK... then I think the most pleasing of all 3rd Reich visor caps are those that belonged to the Luftwaffe officer class....

Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast