Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is Your Favorite 'farbe?

Article about: Irregardless of what the color represents, (and out of pure curiousity), what is your favorite color when it comes to Third Reich piping from an aesthetic perspective? (This would include al

Default What is Your Favorite 'farbe?

Irregardless of what the color represents, (and out of pure curiousity), what is your favorite color when it comes to Third Reich piping from an aesthetic perspective?

(This would include all organisations, which used pretty much the same shades from Waffenfarbe to Truppenfarbe to Gruppenfarbe, etc).

Citrongelb? Rosa? Schwarz? Dunkelblau?

Please pick only 1!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is Your Favorite 'farbe?
    P
    Many

I'll get the ball rolling...............Mine is red. Two reason's...….the first because it was the farbe on my first ever cap...….a nice erel officers...……….secondly because it was looking at this cap at a fair that got me started on the whole officer cap collecting thing.

cheers

Tony

Mine is Deep Purple (& yes, the band and the car color as well):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is Your Favorite 'farbe?   What is Your Favorite 'farbe?  

Attached Images Attached Images What is Your Favorite 'farbe? 
    Last edited by stonemint; 05-05-2021 at 08:35 PM.

MAP
    ?

That's like trying to pick your favorite child.......

But if I had to chose one...it would be Panzer Grenadier. It just screams Mopar! LoL

Edit: Well Chris...it looks like our posts crossed with you beating me to the Mopar punch by a few minutes. Was actually going to say there were a few Waffenfarbe colors that Mopar copied from. One being the deep purple as well!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post

But if I had to chose one...it would be Panzer Grenadier. It just screams Mopar! LoL

Edit: Well Chris...it looks like our posts crossed with you beating me to the Mopar punch by a few minutes. Was actually going to say there were a few Waffenfarbe colors that Mopar copied from. One being the deep purple as well!

LOL! I think Mopar called it "Plum Crazy" for Plymouth, and "Ultra Violet" for Dodge; and yours was "Sub lime" and "Lime Light"

MAP
    ?

1970's Dodge paint chips. I still say that the paint guy at Mopar was a TR waffenfarbe junkie......the similarities are uncanny

My favorite being the Vitamin C Orange as I had a 1970 Charger in this color as a 17 year old. I miss that beast.......

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Gotta go with MAP on this.
    Rumor had it...the techs were called out to the sales yards back in 70-71 to remove the noses & rear spoilers on the many unsold examples. They were not selling because of the "unwanted look" of them. A shame if it's true.
    D.

I have to go with Rosa.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Exactly. An unfair question!
    I'm going to table my answer while I make a difficult choice, but am posting so that it's in my subscriptions and I don't forget to deliver my answer.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have to go with Rosa.
    Ralph.

Got a little snow there Ralph?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast