Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???

Article about: A original olive pith helmet, no shields, damaged and missing top of the vent. 188 euros, is this a fair amount ?? I have a original pair of spare shields, so at least, thats covered. Thanks

Default Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???

A original olive 1st pattern pith helmet, no shields, damaged and missing top of the vent.
    188 euros, is this a fair amount ??

I have a original pair of spare shields, so at least, thats covered.

Thanks for your financial opinions.

Regards
    António
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???   Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???  

Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???   Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???  

Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???   Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???  

Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

As a comparison (dealer prices so take of 30% or so..) here is a similar one with insignia......priced at $359

The Collector's Guild
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    As a comparison (dealer prices so take of 30% or so..) here is a similar one with insignia......priced at $359

The Collector's Guild
    Dealers are always more expensive. So yea, 215$ doesnt sound bad.
    This one has been clearly repaired on the center stitched panel. Im wondering if the shields can be re-attached.

MAP
    ?

I'm sure they can and shields can be found. Don't know how much they go for however.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm sure they can and shields can be found. Don't know how much they go for however.
    Im hoping that there arent any more problems on the structure and the thing doesnt fall apart.
    Lets see if the sheilds can be attached, im going to do some digging and find the missing vent part.

SammlermarktNord has a Tropical Helmet/Tan Pattern with both Insignia for 185 Euros...Might be worth a look...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???   Whats the current rate these days for a squashed pith ???  

Hi, Glenn

A Italian one ? I have two of those now, regular and German re-issue.
    I wanted a Olive german made one.

Regards
    António

It's missing the vent dome. Where would you ever find another one-especially one that would match the sun faded rest of the material on it? I would suggest looking for a different helmet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's missing the vent dome. Where would you ever find another one-especially one that would match the sun faded rest of the material on it? I would suggest looking for a different helmet.
    Most likely... no where.

Thank you all

I think there was a top piece on ebay. HOWEVER, I would save my money and look for something in better condition. I wouldn't even drop 10 bucks on this example. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast