MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!

Article about: Hi there gents, could you please assist me in authenticating this German visor? Im curious on the maker and it looks mid to late war. I would really appreciate your valuable opinions. Attach

Default WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!

Hi there gents, could you please assist me in authenticating this German visor? Im curious on the maker and it looks mid to late war. I would really appreciate your valuable opinions.

Attachment 1199701

Kindest Mardo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!   WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!   WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!   WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!
    P
    Many

Your nice cap is actually a signals cap. It is a handsome piece.

- - ------- - -

This is gold yellow piping.WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!

lemon yellow is signals, gold yellow is Reiterei.

- - ------- - -

We go around about colors here to no sane end. And then there is the factor that the pictures vary and so forth.

A nice cap with character and who knows what it saw and how.....WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!

- - ------- - -

It has patina, and the badges are well preserved. It is hardly unworn, but lots of people want just such a cap with the evidence of service. I can well understand.

thank you so much for the info ��
    Last edited by vanheerden01; 05-09-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quote by vanheerden01 View Post
    thanks you gents!
    Good luck and thanks for showing us the cap.

It has no maker's name. Others have this habit of speculating about who made caps with no maker's name, but I do not partake of it.

There existed thousands of firms that made these things, not the several dozen that get cited all the time.

These caps were often made to celebrate a person's making rank and so on.

The cap has nice character and the high crown and saddle shape the collector desires.

The embroidered badges are nicely done and well preserved.

When you own one, you then need another.WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!WW2 German Cavalry Visor - please help!

You have a very interesting collection. I have always been passionate about world history and it has brought me to this hobby.
    Last edited by vanheerden01; 05-27-2018 at 05:08 PM.

A nice cap. I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A really nice wartime cap with lots of character--smart buy....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

PS--congrats on not only joining the forum (and welcom), but also upon becoming a WRF Gold Club Member....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast