Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1 year of Canteens

Article about: I’ve been equipment collecting with a focus on canteens now for exactly a year. I’ve made great progress and found some really excellent examples for my collection, weather it be rarity,

Default 1 year of Canteens

I’ve been equipment collecting with a focus on canteens now for exactly a year. I’ve made great progress and found some really excellent examples for my collection, weather it be rarity, condition or character. It’s always fun to look back at where the collection started so I thought I’d share.

Lots of early ones here, dates from 1931 to 39 and some nice wartime examples too.

That said I still have many, many more types to add to my collection so I am far away from being finished.

Below is my current collection compared to a collection picture from a year ago.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

1 year of Canteens1 year of Canteens

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1 year of Canteens
    P
    Many

?

Some very nice examples there Bodhi.

Hello,
    Well....that's quite a nice representation of the german Feldflasche accross the years....
    Only a few rare items are still missing in the photo but they'll join the family quite soon i guess, considering the time it took you to already build a great canteens collections.
    I say a lot "better quality than quantity, unless you can afford both", that's your case, quality of the item first, because it should be among the main roots of a collection, quantity just because it's addictive and there is always a variant to be found.
    Congrats for this Feldflaschen collection and thanks for sharing
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you gents!

Couldn’t agree more with that statement JP

MAP
    ?

Now I know who to ask when I want to buy one
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

May you never lose your thirst for collecting Bodhi.

?

Nice pile. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thank you all, I definitely won’t be loosing my thirst for collecting anytime soon

I’d be happy to find you a good canteen MAP mate, but these guys here will be staying with me for a long time