Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence

Article about: So, I started collecting when I was around 11.. I'm 13 now. 20 bucks a week for a collection for 2 years results in this mess of miscellaneous items, mostly WWI-Korean War items, I might hav

Hi,
    Great collection and good to see you starting so young, I also have a son who collects allied militaria and it's a great educational hobby to be involved with.
    Also these forums have an amazing group of people with a wealth of knowledge always willing to assist where ever possible.

Congratulations,

Andre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence
    P
    Many

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    Greetings, Rockett

You're close.. I already have asked them for more room! Also, I don't mind you asking about my sole interest. And that's hard for me to say, I am more into the first and second world war items of the German and Canadian armies, Mainly because I had ancestors who fought in those conflicts, as well as it seems to appeal to my weird interest in war being "Hell on earth", between the terrible sights of no mans land in Remarque's "All Quiet On The Western Front" and Gas chambers and Japanese war crimes in WWII. Korean war items are really only in my collection because they were a starting point as they were in my grandpas attic, considering he collected too. I am enjoying the lack of hate on this forum and it feels like a big family, many times I have been ridiculed by my age from other smaller forums that i've long since forgot.

MedicalAmmunitionCrate
    Thanks for the reply. Everyone is amazing here. I may not know everyone or talk to them. However a few guys on here have really helped me grow my collection. Like I said msg me anytime if you need help or are looking for something specific.

Rockett

Enjoy your stay here MedAmmo ..there is much to be gained in knowledge and ALOT of reading and reference data.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You have a very nice collection, and I am glad to see a young person get involved in collecting militaria, keep it up... BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Damn first time seeing this thread i think . I was in a similar position until two weeks ago
    I was getting £20 a week now i get £60 for a paper round. I like having a limited spending amount. Feels it helps improve the quality of what i buy. Happy collecting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3