Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2023 SOS Finds

Article about: ​ This year I cannot really call my SOS pickups a "haul" as I normally do. However, the two items that I did find were very high on my list to fill gaps in my collection: A 1st p

TWS
    ?

Default 2023 SOS Finds

This year I cannot really call my SOS pickups a "haul" as I normally do. However, the two items that I did find were very high on my list to fill gaps in my collection: A 1st pattern Panzer wrapper and a 1st model Luftwaffe dagger with aluminum fittings. In all my years of collecting, I have never owned either, but now I do.

EDIT: Update! Please scroll down for photo shoots of both the dagger and the wrapper.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2023 SOS Finds  
    Last edited by TWS; 02-28-2023 at 11:28 PM.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2023 SOS Finds
    P
    Many

The Panzer wrapper is absolutely beautiful I think I may recall seeing it there, good score!

It was my first ever show, I was told it was not up to the usual standard. However I walked off with a few small early equipment pieces, no nice helmet unfortunately.

Nice finds Todd
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Congratulations Todd! Always great when those items you’ve been hunting turn up!

Andy

Hello, nice jacket with a name !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Yes very nice looking wrap. Dagger looks great as well.

Congrats Tim

?

Very nice items

raz
    ?

Very nice Todd , congratulations !

MAP
    ?

Fantastic pickups. Quality over quantity.

That wrapper sure has seen its fair share of action. Just the right amount of Salt. If it could only talk.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Hi guys, thanks for all of the comments. Sorry for the single photo last night. It was quite late by the time I was able to post and I was (and still am) tired from the show and the travel. Here is the Luftwaffe dagger. It is the nicest 1st model aluminum fitting example I could find in the entire show. And I looked and looked until Saturday noon when I finally purchased it. I've had the earlier nickel version for a while as well as some 2nd model examples, but I never had an aluminum 1st model. Therefore, "if you can only have one, make it a nice one" - right? It is a WMW - Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg.

2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds2023 SOS Finds
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast