Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Another Danziger Skull

Article about: I've added another Danziger skull to my collection. I avoided the infamous Berlin "HortFunde" variety for the time being and concentrated on the "conventional" variants.

the skull on the cap is this rare type that has one row theeth..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Danziger Skull   Another Danziger Skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Danziger Skull
    P
    Many

?

Sid, that is an amazing skull ! Isn't it the same as the one I posted from Robin's collection ? I would love to find one of those. Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Al

Another Danziger SkullAnother Danziger Skull

?

Another amazing addition to the TK zoo, thanks to Sid. This is a nice variant with the closed eye sockets and nasal cavity. This TK is so minty it looks like it was made yesterday.

?

very nice...never seen black painted eye variation

?

Quote by castle View Post
    very nice...never seen black painted eye variation
    Me either until I found this one. I'm hoping to find a period picture of it in use on either Imperial, Weimar Republic or Third Reich headgear.

?

My latest Danziger skull has virtually no silver wash but retains a beautifully toned patina. I photographed it next to numerous skulls with different finishes to demonstrate the large variety available. Enjoy !

Another Danziger Skull

Another Danziger Skull

Another Danziger Skull

My Danziger Hoard
    Another Danziger Skull

My hoard versus the Berlin hoard ! I believe mine offers more variety and is more pleasing to the eye and contains no sand

Another Danziger Skull VS Another Danziger Skull

CBH
    ?

Al your have a much cleaner Hoard, then Berlin does. I'm starting to think the Berlin Hoard TK's are for Traditional Army badges and not SS. I noticed a similar TK used that way in one of Stonemints wonderful threads, regarding Traditional headgear.
    That closed eye and nose TK is very interesting, FB had a second type TK with closed eyes, it must be an early variety.
    Great collection, I look forward to see what you find next.

some intresting pics to see them in wear..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Danziger Skull   Another Danziger Skull  

Another Danziger Skull   Another Danziger Skull  

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Al your have a much cleaner Hoard, then Berlin does. I'm starting to think the Berlin Hoard TK's are for Traditional Army badges and not SS. I noticed a similar TK used that way in one of Stonemints wonderful threads, regarding Traditional headgear.
    That closed eye and nose TK is very interesting, FB had a second type TK with closed eyes, it must be an early variety.
    Great collection, I look forward to see what you find next.
    Thanks Chris, I'm still trying to find a period picture with that closed eye version, post it if you find one. thanks, Al.

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    some intresting pics to see them in wear..
    Thank you Sid, there is no denying they were used by the SS as well. I may have to add an example just to round out the collection.

Regards, Al

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast