Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Another Danziger Skull

Article about: I've added another Danziger skull to my collection. I avoided the infamous Berlin "HortFunde" variety for the time being and concentrated on the "conventional" variants.

My Germans understood how to take these things and make them into pieces of metal in a very compelling manner, maybe because their story was so filled
    with dreams and delusions. Now other countries, which have been more lucky until now, will learn the same lessons and pay an enormous price in the
    bidding.Another Danziger SkullAnother Danziger SkullAnother Danziger SkullAnother Danziger SkullAnother Danziger Skull
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Danziger Skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Danziger Skull
    P
    Many

You have bought some very nice skulls Aldo. Congratulations. I really like them very much, I will try to find one nice Danziger skull for myself or maybe few of them actually because one is not enough obviously, they are quite addictive. Such a lovely pieces. Real beauties.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Thank you Franko. Here they are temporarily mounted on a board with my Heer panzer skulls and Kavallerie-Regiment 5 Danziger stickpin. My goal is to collect the different varieties seen on all these threads.

Another Danziger Skull

Another Danziger Skull Lumsden's menagerie of "sculls," an image from long, long ago.

It is a pity he does not post, he had a good sense of humor over and beyond his great knowledge. And he writes well, too.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Another Danziger Skull Lumsden's menagerie of "sculls," an image from long, long ago.
    Thanks to you I have this image saved and use it to navigate the menagerie. It has helped me to recognize the different types without resorting to cute names, as tempting as that may be.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thanks to you I have this image saved and use it to navigate the menagerie. It has helped me to recognize the different types without resorting to cute names, as tempting as that may be.
    My friend, my aid to you, such as it is, rests on the condition that you refrain from cute names in my company.

There is nothing cute, really, about any of it.

My collages have the point to underscore the brutality, folly, and tragedy of death cult kitsch as a manifestation of war, society and culture.

When collectors transform these things into a kind of toy or children's doll, or something, then there is something very perverse about it.

Duerer's Totentanz in the epoch made clear that death was a truth and certainty for everyone.

Those who somehow want to proclaim that they scorn death, when, in fact, they have murdered so many whose lives would surely have brought great benefit

to succeeding generations hardly deserve anything cute.

We are all gripped by this story and its regalia, but no one should nurture naive ideas about it all.

I post these things as a warning and as part of my own attempt to work through my own interest in something which as a mature adult strikes me more and more

as a huge, needless tragedy, the price of which just keeps rising as the world stumbles or not into another major war, that is, a larger war than whatever you

wish to depict now as being.

CBH
    ?

Here is a group that taken 30 years give or take to amass, unfortunately my Danziger Tk turned out to be fake, so I'm jealous of your collection of them. Keep up the great work, I alway enjoy your posts, and your passion.

PS sorry if I've posted this before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Danziger Skull  

?

I love that picture of your skull collection. That Hussar Busby skull is terrific and the SS skulls are in incredible condition. It looks like you just removed them from one of FB's beautiful caps. I'm waiting on a pair of large Spanish cavalry collar skulls from the Lusitania regiment that should make for an interesting thread.
    I took a better photo in natural light so you can see the differences in the patinas.

Another Danziger Skull

?

I found the perfect display case for my skull collection. There is plenty of room for growth and the case opens for easy access. Eventually it will be all skulls, I just backfilled a few miscellaneous items so it would not look too empty. Hanging right next to my desk where I can stare at them to my hearts content.

Another Danziger Skull

Another Danziger Skull

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast