Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients?

Article about: Not bragging but, have several items in the collection and just added one over the weekend. Most of mine just include various shoulderboards and collar tabs and one Knights Cross set up-all

Default Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients?

Not bragging but, have several items in the collection that belonged to RKTs and DKiGs and just added one over the weekend. Most of mine just include various shoulderboards and collar tabs and one Knights Cross set up-all with provenance and directly from the soldier's family. However, the subject isnt that stuff, but if I can get the images here? I will show you another item am proud of to add to the collection.

This Krim Shield belonged to (was just purchased acquired from the family of [[not by me]]) Hauptmann Hans Augustin. He was Commanding officer of 14th company (Panzerjager company) of Grenadier Regiment 253 of the 34th Infantry Division. He is a recipient of the German Cross in Gold as well as the Close Combat clasp in Silver and at least 3 Tank Destruction Badges. He directed two assault guns in defending a bridge on a vital sector of the Dnepr. His command prevented the Russians from destroying 4 Army divisions. For this action, he was awarded the DKiG, and his CO (Oberst Ferdinand Hippel, was awarded the Knights Cross.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients? 
    Last edited by 24th Panzer Division; 08-15-2018 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Poorly written on my part.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients?
    P
    Many

The back:
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients? 

I might add that many here likely know who the seller is so I will not mention his name as I do not know if it is against the rules here? Also, I have first dibs on the Hauptmann's shoulderboards and collar tabs, and I.D. disk when they come in. His TDBs are for sale, they are not in my price range. If anyone is interested in those? send me a PM and I will let you know where they are at.

MAP
    ?

Very nice pick up and good luck getting more from the same winner!

I don't "actively" collect attributed items but I do own a KC winners visor .

Anyone here actively collecting items that have provenance to RKTs and DKIG recipients?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Very cool 24 PD and MAP! Reiter Regiment 14 - or the units it was distributed to I presume?
    I tried to bid on a couple RKT items at an auction earlier this year, but a miscommunication between myself and my guy present in the auction hall foiled my attempts.

I do have this grouping to Joachim Tiesler. I believe I have posted it here already, but he was awarded this DKiG for heroic actions at Stalingrad while a battery commander in Artillerie Regiment 3, part of 3rd Motorized Infantry Division. I'm still trying to get a photo of him but so far no success. The remnants of his OKH file that I was able to obtain did not have the photo in the space where one is supposed to be stapled. I even had a German friend call a living Tiesler that we thought was a descendant, but turned out there was no relation.

I also have a bunch of paperwork to include newspaper articles clipped and framed by his family. One on his awarding of the DKiG and a few about his death in battle in Poland in 1944. He was buried in the Sammelfriedhof in Zamosc Poland per the war graves commission website.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice pick up and good luck getting more from the same winner!

I don't "actively" collect attributed items but I do own a KC winners visor .

Thank you, and you have one hell of a great visor!! I would give my teeth to have one as nice as that-and with that connection. If you do not mind me asking? who was the RKT?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Very cool 24 PD and MAP! Reiter Regiment 14 - or the units it was distributed to I presume?
    I tried to bid on a couple RKT items at an auction earlier this year, but a miscommunication between myself and my guy present in the auction hall foiled my attempts.

I do have this grouping to Joachim Tiesler. I believe I have posted it here already, but he was awarded this DKiG for heroic actions at Stalingrad while a battery commander in Artillerie Regiment 3, part of 3rd Motorized Infantry Division. I'm still trying to get a photo of him but so far no success. The remnants of his OKH file that I was able to obtain did not have the photo in the space where one is supposed to be stapled. I even had a German friend call a living Tiesler that we thought was a descendant, but turned out there was no relation.

I also have a bunch of paperwork to include newspaper articles clipped and framed by his family. One on his awarding of the DKiG and a few about his death in battle in Poland in 1944. He was buried in the Sammelfriedhof in Zamosc Poland per the war graves commission website.
    The above, is also one hell of a nice grouping. I once owned a DKiG, but was to a Kriegsmarine U Boat vet. Sadly, it was pinched from my collection about 20 years ago. Yours, is another I would give my teeth for-especially being a unit in Stalingrad. I have I think 2-3 pair of boards (two RKTs) who were in Stalingrad, and another of just an officer serving there. Im a Stalingrad hopeless case.

I forgot to add, I had 5 original photos taken of the award ceremony where he was getting his DKiG and presented by RKT Wilhelm Dommes.

MAP
    ?

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    Thank you, and you have one hell of a great visor!! I would give my teeth to have one as nice as that-and with that connection. If you do not mind me asking? who was the RKT?
    Let's just say I was lucky to get this. I missed out on his personal photo album which actually went for more than the visor.

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    The above, is also one hell of a nice grouping. I once owned a DKiG, but was to a Kriegsmarine U Boat vet. Sadly, it was pinched from my collection about 20 years ago. Yours, is another I would give my teeth for-especially being a unit in Stalingrad. I have I think 2-3 pair of boards (two RKTs) who were in Stalingrad, and another of just an officer serving there. Im a Stalingrad hopeless case.

I forgot to add, I had 5 original photos taken of the award ceremony where he was getting his DKiG and presented by RKT Wilhelm Dommes.
    Thanks! And sorry to hear about yours getting pinched. That *****.

I have another grouping to another Stalingrad veteran but he wasn't a DKiG recipient. He did earn the EKI, however.

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Let's just say I was lucky to get this. I missed out on his personal photo album which actually went for more than the visor.

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    Simply awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast