Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Beginning of my collection

Article about: Hi All Just thought I would post my first purchases to the site for your perusal. So my first purchase was this 30 Corps Medallion a few weeks ago. And then today I brought this group of med

Default Beginning of my collection

Hi All

Just thought I would post my first purchases to the site for your perusal.

So my first purchase was this 30 Corps Medallion a few weeks ago.

Beginning of my collectionBeginning of my collection

And then today I brought this group of medals. They are for a Lieutenant F E Thompson RNVR and are the 1939-1945 star, the war medal, the Atlantic star with France and Germany clasp and the Burma star with Pacific clasp.

Beginning of my collection
    And lastly a Korea Medal for 22388418 Spr J B D Masheter RE, which I think makes him a sapper in the royal engineer corps.

Hope you like. Any comments most welcome.

David
    Last edited by BarneyDave; 04-14-2018 at 06:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beginning of my collection
    P
    Many

Congratulations David on a fine start and some nice looking items..

You will soon be teaching me about British Medals as I don't have any in my collection, so I look forward to watching your collection expand as well as your knowledge in the field..

Well done

Smitty

Those medals have been well looked after, no missing points or blemishes. Very nice.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Congratulations David on a fine start and some nice looking items..

You will soon be teaching me about British Medals as I don't have any in my collection, so I look forward to watching your collection expand as well as your knowledge in the field..

Well done

Smitty
    Not sure how quickly i will be teaching you about british medals, just the beginning for me. The clasps on the medal seem to make a difference, that is something I have learnt.

If anyone can let me know where I can find medal cards for the WW2 and Korea war medal, would be very grateful.

Dave,

You have already educated me on something I knew nothing about. I was not aware that the medals had clasps for particular campaigns..

Very interesting..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Dave,

You have already educated me on something I knew nothing about. I was not aware that the medals had clasps for particular campaigns..

Very interesting..

Smitty
    I'm glad I have helped. Answered my own question about medal cards, not likely to get any of them. However have found a site to do with the RNVR and luckily have been informed what Lieutenant Thompson did and what ships he was on. So to me that is a big bonus and brings his story to life. Unfortunately the Korea Medal might be more difficult but will keep trying and see what turns up.

?

Nice awards. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

So have today received the following WW1 medals for my collection. The are for 166159 Gunner Daniel Urquhart, RA. There are 20 pages of information on ancestry for him so will make a nice research project.

Think I will also look at collecting cap badges, how found a couple of books for WW1 and WW2 British cap badges which I hope will help. Have also seen a nice Austrian cap badge so might collecting those too.

Dave

?

Nice awards. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast