Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

British DPM Camouflage

Article about: G'day All, Figured to start this one, in my opinion it is one of the best ever camo patterns devised! S95, 85 & 68 patt (worse for wear correct me if I'm wrong) displayed

Quote by Anderson View Post
    New Zealand Desert DPM tunic & trousers, ISAF Afghanistan 2009.

Desert DPM from my collection, all original patches. The shirt label a bit worn, but made by Magrath the Shirt Company in 2009. The design was revised again around 2011 with ripstop fabric and other changes.
    Fantastic Anderson, got a spare set for me - kidding!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British DPM Camouflage
    P
    Many

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Very Nice Paul now that's an odd one for me! and hey any one can post what ever one likes on my threads. Do these have a tag? Camo is very spotty too! I'd love to see more detail.
    British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage
    Rene here's the label mate. The camo comes in a few different colourways depending on the manufacturer, the trousers i have seem to match the colours of most British DPM pretty well.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 02-11-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks Paul Very nice Mate

New Zealand Desert DPM combat smock, 2009 Afghanistan service.

NZ made smock of 100% cotton issued with other parts of the DDPM uniform.

British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage

Looks like a nice one to wear occasionally. Thanks for showing Anderson.

Default NZ Desert DPM boonie hat

Here's a New Zealand made boonie in Desert DPM made by Hill's Hat's of Wellington around 2009 and issued to troops going to Afghanistan. The Hill's Hat's company has been making hat's for the NZ military of 100 years, and originally was known as Chas. Hill & Son's of Wellington. Nice to see these family owned companies still getting government contracts
    British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage)

[QUOTE=Warspite;1959390]Thought this might be of interest- 68 pattern DPM uniform but worn with the trials 72 pattern webbing set.Attachment 1300560/QUOTE]

I have just looked at this again and wonder if you would be kind enough to post an image of the pick helve removed from the webbing?

The reason I ask is because the metal ferrule at the "head end" is not visible.

The helve in the picture looks too long to me and it appears that it would be very difficult to sit down when wearing it like this.

As I said, I don't have a great deal of knowledge of the '72 patt webbing but I imagine it would have been paired with the same "shovel lightweight" "sometimes referred to as "shovels infantry" as the '58 pattern which preceeded and subsequently outlived the '72 patt.

The helve shown looks to me based on the length to be from the tool known as "Pick (or pickaxe) GS" which comprised a larger mattock and a longer helve (+ approx 10 inches) and did not have the socket at the head end to accept the stud of the webbing yoke (or the largepack flap).
    The "Pick lightweight" comprised a two and a half pound mattock which fit in the pocket on top of the '58 patt poncho roll and the shorter, socketed helve also designed as part of the '58 patt webbing.

As I say I don't know much about the '72 patt so maybe it was used with the pick GS but I have to say I don't see it being popular! Maybe it is an optical illusion and that is a short helve. If that is the case "mea culpa"

Attached below are pics of both the lightweight which are correct for dismounted use.

Regards

Mark

British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-14-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: missing words
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default New Zealand DPM boonie, circa 2008

New Zealand Defence force DPM rip stop fabric boonie/bush hat from made by Hill's Hats of Wellington around 2008.

The shape is similar to the Aussie bush hat, and deeper than the NZ boonies made in the 1960's, which I prefer (see Vietnam forum).

British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage

And the hat in service;

British DPM Camouflage

Great stuff Anderson, & great service pic too!

I recently picked up some sealed patterns for jungle dpm and desert dpm, two of the latter, one sealed and one not accepted. They are quite large sheets of fabric, c.1m x 0.5m.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British DPM Camouflage   British DPM Camouflage  

British DPM Camouflage   British DPM Camouflage  

British DPM Camouflage   British DPM Camouflage  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast