MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

British DPM Camouflage

Article about: G'day All, Figured to start this one, in my opinion it is one of the best ever camo patterns devised! S95, 85 & 68 patt (worse for wear correct me if I'm wrong) displayed

Mark,I think I see a parallel with that under-appreciated British contribution to motoring, the Austin Allegro. Once maligned, now something of a classic. And in the Old Country they will be importing them back from the colonies. So one day, Rene's stash of DPM may be worth a bit of coin.

British DPM Camouflage

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British DPM Camouflage
    P
    Many

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Mark,I think I see a parallel with that under-appreciated British contribution to motoring, the Austin Allegro. Once maligned, now something of a classic. And in the Old Country they will be importing them back from the colonies. So one day, Rene's stash of DPM may be worth a bit of coin.

British DPM Camouflage
    I certainly recall the much disliked Allegro, in particular the Quartic (square-ish) steering wheel which was almost universally hated by the public and which, rather tellingly, was replaced with a conventional type on the vehicles taken into police service!

I think you are correct about the most unlikely items becoming "classic collectibles" though with the DPM uniforms under discussion I think we are seeing another example of the fairly common trend in militaria collecting where items you could not give away initially suddenly become sought after. This has happened with everything from the French bayonets that came to UK as ballast in the hulls of returning empty supply ships in the 19th Century which were so plentiful that they were used to make fireside companion sets to MkII steel helmets that were on sale for a few shillings through to these DPM items that were once worn on every building site in the country. The '68 patt now commands respectable prices as do later "special purpose" items such as; parkas, wind-proofs and sniper or para-smocks. The later patterns up to CS95 and subsequent MTP remain at the lower end of the surplus market but their time will come. The trick as with everything in this hobby is to anticipate which items will become the most desirable and Rene seems to be covering all the bases here. The second trick is to have fun doing it and we know he has that one down as well

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Exactly. Gotta be ahead of the the wave.

Cheers Fellas.

Figured to take a couple of extra shots of the parker to show the interior & pattern spread.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A few more pics whilst the uploader seems to be working again.

Showing the lined hood but the body and sleeves have a removable liner which I do not have. Also note it has the para type tail for buttoning under the crotch.
    Hey Jerry Cheers for showing yours (post #148) (same maker as mine but earlier contract), I had to use your picture to locate the draw string! as I couldn't easily see it!

René,

I'm stuck at work but upon my return home I shall take you some pictures. Have you seen the 'Blacks'? They were identical to the normal combats but......Black. We were issued them for various jobs shall we say.

British DPM Camouflage

A picture of my ironing today ready for tomorrows fun and games for you.

R

René,

I'm back at home for a couple of days so as promised two of my still in use DPM Smocks.

British DPM Camouflage

First my hunting Jacket

British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage

Second my shooting jacket for range and sniping competitions.

They are both far better than the current MTP we get!

I hope these meet with your approval?

Cheers,
    R

René,

I forgot Our other uniform, Rip Stop but ok!

British DPM CamouflageBritish DPM Camouflage

Sometimes camouflage is not the way!

R

Is that a heavily dyed MTP item or simply a black cloth pls?

Black cloth i think. It is the previous ripstop stuff!

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast