Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German

Article about: Hi Guys I received my first German combat helmet on January 20th 2020. I remember unwrapping the brown paper bag and the smell of old Militaria wafting through the air. I remember looking at

Default The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German

Hi Guys

I received my first German combat helmet on January 20th 2020.

I remember unwrapping the brown paper bag and the smell of old Militaria wafting through the air. I remember looking at the Luftwaffe decal and thinking how small it was because I had been studying them blown up on my computer 4 times the size. And ... most importantly ... I remember being in Awe that I was holding, in my kitchen, an intact untouched artifact from WW2 ... things I had only read about in books and seen on TV.

I quickly delved deep into this collector community, listened to the more experienced collectors (MAP was my 1st connection I believe...met him at a show and between the piercings and the Mohawk I was very surprised ....not what I expected but he has a cool look) ) and took all of it in. I then started researching on my own and making my own theories and conclusions .... comparing hundreds of examples before a purchase and vetting my own. My friend Schwerpunkt was also instrumental with his fantastic website and advice in guiding me into this hobby. And many others were very gracious with their time and expertise early on.

Here is my simple collection. I think I may be in a good place to share this. No nice war room. Just an antique barrister bookcase I bought for this purpose.

I’ve added a single pic of each helmet as well. All are unmessed with, intact, untouched and have original paint, liners and decals.

Top to Bottom (no real reason)

M35 ET62 KRIEGSMARINE
    M35 ET66 DD KRIEGSMARINE
    M40 HKP64 LUFTWAFFE
    M35 ET64 COMBAT POLICE
    M35 SE64 KRIEGSMARINE
    M42 EF66 KRIEGSMARINE
    M35 ET64 HEER REISSUE
    M40 ET66 HEER

Thank you to everyone for all the support and advice along the way! Even if we havent chatted ... I may have read your post from years gone by and learned something while researching my helmets.

Z

***Helmets are my focus - Ill be posting a Brooklyn Collection - American soon also with many WW2 M1s acquired this year. I do have quite a few other nice pieces which are not pictured. Also I thought I’d tag my pictures just to pretend to be a big shot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German   The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German  

The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German   The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Brooklyn Collection 2020 - German
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Congratulations! Having just started in January, you have done very well and are off to a great start. Frank and I have traded private observations about a couple helmets and he is a great resource to our community here. You're definitely smart to get tap his expertise and that of the forum in general.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very well done in such short amount of time!!
    I'm not into helmets myself, but really like the way you present yours.. Well done

?

A RELY NICE START!! watch out because they will multiply on you!

Quote by TWS View Post
    Congratulations! Having just started in January, you have done very well and are off to a great start. Frank and I have traded private observations about a couple helmets and he is a great resource to our community here. You're definitely smart to get tap his expertise and that of the forum in general.
    No Doubt Todd ... he is a great resource as are all of you guys and so many posts and contributions gone past!

Quote by toot View Post
    A RELY NICE START!! watch out because they will multiply on you!
    I think they have started multiplying uncontrollably all ready haha. Not pictured are all my WW2 American helms as well LOL

Really great collection Zach and great display! I remember you mentioning this bookcase and it certainly fits the purpose well. Your outdoor shots are great too!

Yes, what colour is MAP dying that mohawk these days?

Andy

MAP
    ?

Meeh, Ok I guess

Nice book case though.

Are your floors not level?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Really great collection Zach and great display! I remember you mentioning this bookcase and it certainly fits the purpose well. Your outdoor shots are great too!

Yes, what colour is MAP dying that mohawk these days?

Andy
    He had "Liberty Spikes" and it was dyed ....... a Feldgrau

Thanks Andy! Yes ... Looks like Ill have to buy more of these bookcases

Quote by MAP View Post
    Meeh, Ok I guess

Nice book case though.

Are your floors not level?
    Good eye ... An Old BK Brownstone.... So No ...not really... Place is getting painted though. A couple rooms including this one so it may be moving to a diff wall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast