Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Bunker

Article about: Well....11 months into what was supposed to be a 4 month house renovation my new War Bunker is now operational. Still waiting on 2 or 3 large full glass cabinets that are on back order. Thes

Very nice! Congratulations! I’m pretty envious lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bunker
    P
    Many

Wow Michael beautiful, a TR flag would look nice hanging over your desk
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Well done Michael.
    I'm impressed and a just wee bit jealous.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

If that is a lamp with a visor on it on your desk, I recommend you not leave it there.
    One day, you will turn the lamp on without thinking about it and you will damage the liner, ask me how I know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Michael,

Impressive room. It hope it brings you many years of happiness and relaxation..

I saw the VN Cowboy hat... Nice...

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it. This home renovation/bunker project has been 15 years in the making. For one reason or another, we could not do the construction. Prior to this I've been confined to a 10x10 foot room.

Was concerned about moving the "bunker" down the basement so I worked with the contractor, A/C and insulation guys to design it so as to eliminate as much humidity as possible. The walls, ceiling and all gaps were coated in closed cell foam to keep out all outside air/humidity. I then added a barrier on the floor and installed a dedicated split unit A/C that will run on dehumidifier mode only. So far so good.

@Bill: Once I get the office area set up with filing cabinets and draws, I will hang all of my Awards on the walls to the left, front and right (outside of Zoom visibility range for my office meetings LoL). Not sure however where to hang my flags. I have good sized "spill over" room in the back that was to be for my workshop and storage but may need to repurpose it in the future.......

@Ralph. Yes. The visor was just put on the top of the lamp temporarily. In fact most of the stuff on the desk will have to go once I move double monitor onto the table. I need big screens for work and they take up a lot of space. I made sure also I had plenty of lighting. Electrician thought I was crazy but when they were here today to finish some stuff, they now know why I asked for it.

@Smitty: Of course the VN Cowboy hat would be out on display. It's fantastic!

@Greg: I'm just happy to share. It's been a painful 11 months of house renovations. And as noted, a 15 year project.

@Tobias/Jake/Al. HVM, SMLE, Santi: Thanks! Glad you all like it. There will be more changes over the current months as I get new cabinetry and I unpack my stuff.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a change from what you started with. It’s like a small museum! Well, I guess it is.

A great place to enjoy the collection and watch some classic war movies!

Well done,
    Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    What a change from what you started with. It’s like a small museum! Well, I guess it is.

A great place to enjoy the collection and watch some classic war movies!

Well done,
    Andy
    Thanks Andy.

Yup. War movie ready. Just need to get through Hurricane Henri first.

You already know that those lounge/smoking chairs were an obsession for me. Wanted them for as long as I can remember. Spent a few months researching and finding a company who allowed me to build and customize it to what I wanted.

I would not be lying if I said the chairs were more important than the Bunker.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Oh...and this is for Rene and Rich. I think I'm no longer a member in good standing of the Ugly War Room ROFL

Fill That gum ball machine and it will be complete....finally nice to see the room finished to beginning to end.
    Well lit up and surely the pinnacle to your hobby enjoyment .
    Great job.

Do you have room down there for some of your wifes belongings ? ....lest we not forget that no room in the house is really ours

Good job Bud
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast