Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

The dark side of my ss collection

Article about: Hello the forum All is in the title. Hope you'll enjoy

?

Thanks a lot for all your encouragements, I really do apreciate

So, I've a question for all : could you trade a RK against a mod 38 palm tree tarnjacke (referenced)?

That's an awful problem for me.....because my RK is really nice

Thanks for your advices

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The dark side of my ss collection
    P
    Many

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Hello all,

A little addition but full of sens for an alsacian as me...
    A nice picture of gauleiter Robert WAGNER, who's the guy who was in charge of the aryanisation of Alsace.

Hope you'll like it.
    regards
    ARNAUD
    Arnaud, 1 of Robert Wagners tunics is in my collection as seen in this image.

Could I ask you to please take a straight on image of your Wagners image as I'd like to be able to have it for a reference of the same style tunic seen in your image! Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The dark side of my ss collection  

?

Hello Rich

That's the best I can do....

Unfortunately, It's not the exact jacket as your's. Collar and collar piping are not the same.

Have a nice sunday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The dark side of my ss collection  

Arnaud, thank you so much!

Yes, I can see that the piping as well as the collar and collar tabs are different. Are the collar tabs metal? Regarding the piping it looks like it is 2 colors. Not certain what to make of the insignia and piping.

Is there a tailor name for the different lapels seen between the tunic and in my collection and the one in your image?

Your image is a great reference point for the earlier style tunic and insignia so it fits in nicely with the digital images I've been able to copy. I keep them in a digital file for my use only. Thank you so much again!

BTW, if your going to trade off a KCIC , as posted here: could you trade a RK against a mod 38 palm tree tarnjacke (referenced)? The owner of the tarnjacke in mind s/b a KCIC winner to start with and then hacve a documented coombat record with images of the tarnjacke in wear.

Consider how many KCIC were awarded and how many palm tree tarnjakces were issued and then how many of both of these there are or could become available over time. If your young enough and do that deal, would you seek another KCIC for your collection? Seems to me for those who collect these items the KCIC holds a higher place of want than than the tarnjacke. But to me that is in comparison of what each are.

If you collect combat gear exclusively I suppose it could be justified but consider which one of the 2 have a higher resale/acquiring desire from other collectors.

if your tired of having the KCIC I suppose that would be justification enough but the desire to get another as time passes plays into this as well. KCIC is one of those awards that holds collectors in awe. Does the tarnkacke do the same or is it meant to fill a gap in your collection that you want to fill?

MAP
    ?

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Many thanks for your kind words MARTIN

I was lucky enough to meet the right guys in the right time for years now....

But now it's harder and harder. Prices for theses items get crazy

That's the reason why I'm not so often here on this website

But Im' working on an another project, perhaps soon here
    You don't need to post new items to be on the forum. I'm sure your expertise would be helpful to other members who are posting questions and need help!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Thanks a lot for all your encouragements, I really do apreciate

So, I've a question for all : could you trade a RK against a mod 38 palm tree tarnjacke (referenced)?

That's an awful problem for me.....because my RK is really nice

Thanks for your advices
    Economically, I think the KC market is much more liquid given the much larger pool of buyers (even at these crazy high prices). Also they are appreciating in value quite quickly. The market for the jacket is much smaller and I would assume it could take a longer to find a buyer if you needed to sell.

But conversely, if the jackets are harder to find, it might make sense to sell/trade to KC. There are always KCs available for sale (just at prices that are constantly going up).

Took me many many many years for me to find an issued and worn KC with worn neck ribbon in the condition I wanted. And even though I paid full retail for it, it has increased in price quite a bit since I've owned it. I would not look forward to having to search and pay for another if I was to sell mine.

That said, the only question that matters is what do you want more?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for your advices, and unfortunately I see it's not so easy to choose

So I think I will keep my KC in my collection, until...who knows....

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17