Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A day at the shops.

Article about: All picked up in Cardiff yesterday except for the pre WWI lugged SWB badge which came in the post yesterday. A good days shopping IMHO. The wife bought some tops and some new boots.

Default A day at the shops.

All picked up in Cardiff yesterday except for the pre WWI lugged SWB badge which came in the post yesterday.

A good days shopping IMHO.

The wife bought some tops and some new boots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A day at the shops.   A day at the shops.  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A day at the shops.
    P
    Many

Great finds Jerry!.....

?

Hi Jerry, I think there were a few antique shops in the Royal Arcade once upon a time, is that were you got these from?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Hi Jerry, I think there were a few antique shops in the Royal Arcade once upon a time, is that were you got these from?
    Hi Ben,

They all came from Jacobs market which has a few militaria dealers in it and has done for at least 15 years since I have been going there.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Must be at least 20 years since I was shopping in Cardiff!

I like the pith helmet!

Nice finds Jerry. Is the beret dated? Also, who is the victory medal named to? I'm guessing its to a Welsh regiment?

Tops and boots?! Oh dear. well I guess she was nice enough to let you buy this stuff. Alls fair in love and warrelics.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Must be at least 20 years since I was shopping in Cardiff!

I like the pith helmet!
    Hi Ben, I don't get there very often these days, so always nice when I can.

I also like the pith helmet, I always wanted one with a spike. It has a theatrical costumiers ink stamp in it and I doubt the spike is original to it, but still cool IMHO and I got it for a good price. It is the pre 1900 Foreign service helmet pattern (1877), for mediterranean service as it does not have a pug band.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A day at the shops.   A day at the shops.  

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Nice finds Jerry. Is the beret dated? Also, who is the victory medal named to? I'm guessing its to a Welsh regiment?

Tops and boots?! Oh dear. well I guess she was nice enough to let you buy this stuff. Alls fair in love and warrelics.

Beret is 1955 I think with an O over the broad arrow -which is also for 42- but it has the sleeve for the badge slider so post war, but otherwise the same as the wartime examples and even having the loose tacked stitch inside it. Can't complain for 3 quid.

As you guessed, the Victory medal is for a member of The Welsh Regiment.

A day at the shops.   A day at the shops.  

Regards,

Jerry

The other two caps are a Glengarry for the Scottish rifles, either the Cameronians or the Highland Light Infantry and as I had a badge for the HLI, that is what went on it. Only a fiver and it goes well with my two other Glengarries I think.

The other cap is a fairly modern Coloured FS cap for the Royal Army Pay Corps and also at a fiver, I could not resist. It has staybrite buttons and badge, the latter is maker marked on the slider.

A day at the shops.  
    Regards,

Jerry

The mess jacket is dated 1932 and is for an officer of the 24th Foot, also known as the South Wales Borderers, sadly in a rather poor condition, but again priced to sell and still looks cool IMHO. I have yet to try and research him. Hard to get the colours right as it is a dull and wet day here in west Wales.

The lugged SWB badge came from an online dealer and it was a version I did not have and would date to the late Victorian or Edwardian period prior to the start of WWI.

A day at the shops.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast