Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

different display idea

Article about: A friend gave me a old silverware box a few years ago and that gave me an idea. Make a display. I sanded stained reglued the box. Then I inlaid the id tag and a piece of the box that contain

Default different display idea

A friend gave me a old silverware box a few years ago and that gave me an idea.different display idea
    Make a display. I sanded stained reglued the box. Then I inlaid the id tag and a piece of the box that contained the grenades (I think). Then draw the title of item. I found both of ground dug items on ebay. Two coats of stain four coats of water base poly sanding and steel wool between. Also can't forget use grenade pull for handle!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement different display idea
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Will be a great display piece!

...now what's inside!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice job Ian! Now what do you plan to store in the box? Bob

MAP-Posted same time, same questions LOL

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    MAP-Posted same time, same questions LOL
    Actually I was one FULL minute ahead of you
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

]different display ideaNext inside. K98 grenade launcher ground dug of course. Soak in vinegar, in rinse scrub with brass brush. repeat many times. Then fill with jb weld. Work with dremel and fine grit sandpaper 400 to 600 grit. Then four or five coats of cold blue.different display idea Also had to re drill and tap tightening lug on launcher.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1071198[/ATTACH Digging these items out of the rust and dirt is like finding a little piece of history. And after working on items like this for many hours I start to get a feel of what period items are like also being a carpenter and wood worker I have spent many hours working on houses much older than 1939 with tools much older!! Something that connot be learned in a book or read on the internet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture different display idea  

Bravo, excellent job on the restoration and display! Bob

I put different projectiles in the lid of the case. different display idea
    For the backer of display I used 3/4" ridged insulation built up. Then cut out outlines of each piece so it fit snug into place. I did not need to attach but for the lid I used a couple of my daughters hair band.

Restoring things is one of my favorite hobbies next to playing guitar and fly fishing. My house was built in 1800.different display idea

Over the years I have made many displays and cases.different display idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast