Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Display ideas

Article about: I need some advice on displaying some items. I have purchased some authentic pieces and a shadow box as I want to display the items standing up in the box on the mantel. The problem is how t

?

Default Display ideas

I need some advice on displaying some items. I have purchased some authentic pieces and a shadow box as I want to display the items standing up in the box on the mantel. The problem is how to stick the cloth and metal items to the back of the shadow box without damaging them or the items falling to the bottom.

I am going to glue black felt to a hard backing . The metal pieces which have pins I can make small holes behind and use a twist tie to hold them, but what about the collar tabs and the cloth cap insignia ? If I push tiny pins through and bend them over in the back I am worried I will devalue the piece.

Thanks in advance and ideas welcome

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display ideas
    P
    Many

?

Wow, 56 views and not one suggestion. I guess you all store your stuff in drawers . Thanks guys! I'll post what I come up with....

I picked up an Antique Curio Cabinet a few years ago...I'd always wanted one, and my display is constantly changing as I continuously buy & sell....I like to move things around, try different angles, make small groupings, etc...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Display ideas   Display ideas  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 03-29-2017 at 05:35 PM.

MAP
    ?

shadow boxes are great. I have around 10 or so. I buy mine from Michaels craft stores. they are front opening (a big plus), are around an inch in depth and have a padded back covered in a canvas cloth. I remove the back and stretch and staple red or black velvet over the canvas and then put it back together. The padded backing allows you to stick the pins of the awards through. For cloth items or items with no attached pins I use one of two options.

Here is link to the brand of shadow box

https://timelessframes.com/frames/vi...pid=1118045709

1) plastic fishing line that I thread in
    2) thin pins with color matching heads that make them less visible (this also allows me to rearrange items easily) although in some photos below...I ran out of the correct color pins...LoL You can see, I only use the pins to "hold" the items in place. I don't typically put the pins through the cloth.

Here are a few photos.....unfortunately they have been cropped to cut out the shadow box but the link above shows what they look like...

Display ideasDisplay ideasDisplay ideasDisplay ideasDisplay ideasDisplay ideas
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks guys. You just gave me a good idea with the pins to hold the collar tabs without putting the pins through the relic . I bought this shadow box at Micheals as well , but it's back loading. Once I take detailed photos of the object I want to leave them in the case provided zinc pest is not an issue on the one cap skull. I will post my results.

MAP
    ?

This photo gives a bit better view of the depth of the box.

I would recommend getting a front opening box. They are not expensive (a bought 5 or 6 a few months back at 50% off) and make it 100x's easier to work with.

Display ideas
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Michael, front opening are better.
    I use the black Riker mounts or make my own. I make them with about a 3/4 inch depth and put 1/2 inch foam in them. Then cover with material. The pressure of the foam holds the items in place.
    Ralph.

Display ideas
    Display ideas
    Display ideas
    Display ideas

Depending what is going in them, sometimes I make them a little deeper.
    Display ideas
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I use this company for all of my conservation displays. Display ideas

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I agree with Michael, front opening are better.
    I use the black Riker mounts or make my own. I make them with about a 3/4 inch depth and put 1/2 inch foam in them. Then cover with material. The pressure of the foam holds the items in place.
    Ralph.
    So that display with the collar tabs is just held in with pressure ?

I will be displaying a TK and adler in the same display with cloth pieces so I'm not sure I want the glass actually pressing on the metal.

I was looking for the riker boxes but couldn't find any at Michaels.

I might look for some stainless welding wire to make some of those pins DrCMH posted

Glass pressing on the metal will not do any damage, it is light pressure at best and it is not abrasive. You have mor chance of the medal scratching the glass than the other way around
    Morris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast