Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

first two items of my collection

Article about: hi these are my first to items of my collection i order form militraria berlin christian von eicke i am hoping to add more items soon first is a EK2 113 maker mark (was born on the 13th so w

Default first two items of my collection

hi these are my first to items of my collection i order form militraria berlin christian von eicke
    i am hoping to add more items soon
    first is a EK2 113 maker mark
    (was born on the 13th so when with that, to start my iron cross collection)

2ed is a Eastern Front Medal
    (because i like the eastern front was where the the most important battles of WW2 was, and have a lot of respect for the sojiers who was fighting in the eastern front)
    what do you guys think?

thanks for all the info and help
    and thanks adrian for recommending all them dealers

my next items will be a cased EK1 and a wound badge

i was also really shocked how small they are lol i just thought they would be big and heavy lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture first two items of my collection   first two items of my collection  

first two items of my collection   first two items of my collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement first two items of my collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: first to items of my collection

Hi Total

You have done well on both accounts ! Congratulations

Good luck with your EK1 search

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks woolgar
    all so do i need to clean them after handling? and is there any other care advice?

two nice originals. congratulations.

there are a lot of varying opinions on cleaning. mine, i suppose, is no better than anyone else's.
    that being said, all i'd ever take to an original item is a soft lint brush as you might use to clean a camera lens. i've never even done that.
    for minty medals and badges i use white cotton gloves. you can buy a whole bag of these at a coin collector's shop or online for a few bucks.

i should also mention that in cases where i have a medal along with the original packet, i keep these separate (but together) as in putting each in a separate acid free envelope. some envelopes are opaque, but you can find clear mylar and things like this as well. of course, the other option (if you lay things out for display and i do not) is to just display them next to each other. in my opinion, keeping the medal in the original packet puts unnecessary stress on the paper packet.

hi ive put mine in to plastick cd wallets is this ok or not?
    and is it best not to touch them?

Quote by totalwar13 View Post
    hi ive put mine in to plastick cd wallets is this ok or not?
    and is it best not to touch them?
    can some 1 please tell me if this is ok or not???????

Are they acid free? If so they should be alright, if not I would look at getting some.

just Google "archival supplies" if you are interested in protecting things this way. you will find lots of things that are acid free and non-interactive chemically. there are envelopes, boxes, files and enclosures of every description. pick something you like of the right dimensions and there you have it.

for photographs especially (and all paper documents), this is very important.

for medals and badges, many people just put this in little zip-loc bags. they are available in all sizes and there are many that are exactly the correct size for just about anything you might collect such as VWA or Kragenspiegel usw.