Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Gendarmerie "Bezirks" rank grouping

Article about: Here is a nice little grouping of certificates and awards that I managed to secure recently. Police documents are not so rare however, finding certificates for a "Bezirks" rank is

Default Gendarmerie "Bezirks" rank grouping

Here is a nice little grouping of certificates and awards that I managed to secure recently.

Police documents are not so rare however, finding certificates for a "Bezirks" rank is a first for me so I couldn't turn it down, especially when it came with the medals too.

As you can see from the 1938 certificate, this man received his 25 year service cross in 1938 whilst holding the rank of Obermeister and was obviously getting on a bit, age wise, when the war came along and he was first promoted to Bezirks Leutnant and then to Oberleutnant before reaching Hauptmann rank in 1943.

He was also awarded the Luftschutz medal for being a "Ausbilder und Sachbearbeiter Flugmeldedienstes" I think this roughly translates to Clerk and Trainer of Air Raid warning services, or something similar.

Hope it's of interest to someone, a nice piece of history that I'm glad has been kept together after all this time.

I've been able to find out that the signatures on the promotion documents are original ink signatures.

They also belong to Kurt Daluege and Alfred Wunnenberg. Both Commanders of the SS Polizei Division at different times. Daluege possibly more infamous due to his involvement in many war crimes.

Jamie

Gendarmerie "Bezirks" rank grouping Gendarmerie "Bezirks" rank grouping

Gendarmerie "Bezirks" rank grouping

Last edited by jamie7d7; 01-30-2021 at 04:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gendarmerie "Bezirks" rank grouping
    P
    Many

?

who are the names who sighed the award documents? thanks.

Toot, apart from the usual autosignature of AH and Meissner, the original ink signatures on the promotion documents are Kurt Daluege and Alfred Wunnenberg, both Commanders of the SS Polizei Division at certain points. Daluege is infamous for many war crimes, including directing the Lidice massacre etc after Reinhards assasination

Jamie