Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Heer Soldier battle worn display

Article about: Hello friends, I am putting together a display of what I call "battle worn" items. Since I don't know the entire history of these items, some may display post war use. Nonetheless,

Andy et al, Such nice words - thank you so much. I just purchased a Presstoff shovel carrier to go with this display. I chose it to reflect the change to Ersatz material later in the war. I only need another two or three items. Once complete. I will put it all together and post here. Cheers to all, Neil

BTW, the Presstoff carrier is coming from FJM. This is not ad for them, just an acknowledgement of a good source. The owner is a collector like us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Soldier battle worn display
    P
    Many

Great display Neil, prefer the worn look myself!
    "Per Ardua"

?

thanks for posting.

Great looking display. The condition of the items tells a story of men that bled, sweated and shed tears with brothers.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The new "battle worn" mess kit. Found this 1942 dated example with just the right wear and tear for my display. NH

Heer Soldier battle worn display

An interesting example Neil. Don’t know if it’s just my eyes, but the paint on the left side of the biggest area retaining paint, appears darker suggesting perhaps a camo was applied. Or, perhaps it just darkened due to being heated...?

Yes, the wear is just right. I can’t imagine the paint staying on for very long with them rubbing on the side of soldiers and generally being roughly treated.

Look for reward to seeing the full ensemble on display.

Andy

Great to see you found a nice worn example! I’m sure it will look great when it’s all together.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    An interesting example Neil. Don’t know if it’s just my eyes, but the paint on the left side of the biggest area retaining paint, appears darker suggesting perhaps a camo was applied. Or, perhaps it just darkened due to being heated...? Yes, the wear is just right. I can’t imagine the paint staying on for very long with them rubbing on the side of soldiers and generally being roughly treated. Look for reward to seeing the full ensemble on display.

Andy
    I don't have it in hand yet but now I am intrigued. Probably just crud from being heated but I will have a good look when it arrives. And thanks for encouragement. I am looking forward to getting it all together and finding the worn items has been a special challenge. As mentioned, the shovel carrier is on the way. I have a beat up gas mask canister but it needs proper straps. Trousers may have to be repro - can't spare 1K right now! Neil

TWS
    ?

Nice display Neil. Some collectors think M42 tunics are ugly, but I like them. Not easy to come by either.

I have bought inexpensive mannequins off Ebay if you are looking for one on a budget.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks Todd. My second Feldbluse, first was an HG Fliegerbluse. The M42 still has the darts at the waist and looks sharp. I am looking for an articulated (arms, hands) figure with a so called egghead top. I don't want a realistic face - just a place to put the helmet. I also want a figure that allows me to include trousers and boots. I've seen what I want in clothing stores but no on line. If you have any tips please let me know. Cheers, Neil

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast