Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Heer Soldier battle worn display

Article about: Hello friends, I am putting together a display of what I call "battle worn" items. Since I don't know the entire history of these items, some may display post war use. Nonetheless,

Continuing in my effort to add appropriate items to this display, I pulled this gas mask out of my collection. It needs correct straps but is a '42 dated example with an interesting repaint suggesting it was re-issued. The original paint is a lighter Feldgrau while the newer paint is a much darker green. The only thing I did was clean off the light rust on the exposed metal. It looked a bit like a relic but is in rather good condition. The bare metal now resembles wear instead of age. Neil

Heer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Soldier battle worn display
    P
    Many

The mess tin arrived. It appears to be perfect for this display. L&SL 42 lid and L&SL 41 bottom. After taking photos I noticed there are initials on the top and bottom. It looks Pb but hard to tell. There was some speculation the paint may have been a camo pattern but it just appears to be discoloration from heat. Just a few more items to go now.

Heer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn display

Just arrived from FJM - with chocolate candy. Thanks Frederik! This will be part of the display. Just a few more pieces to go. NH

Heer Soldier battle worn displayHeer Soldier battle worn display

Looks barely used Neil! .... a rare item, nice!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It has wear for sure. But , it is in great shape and is really a great example of Presstoff. I wanted to make sure I had some of this material represented in the final display. NH

Hey Neil,
    Just a question on the jacket - what are the marks on the sleeve? Repairs ... or was something once sewn on?
    And why have the litzen got the green backing of a M36? was there a transition between that and the M43? ( remember, I'm NOT a uniform guy )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hey Neil,
    Just a question on the jacket - what are the marks on the sleeve? Repairs ... or was something once sewn on?
    And why have the litzen got the green backing of a M36? was there a transition between that and the M43? ( remember, I'm NOT a uniform guy )

Dan
    Right sleeve is a tear that was repaired. The Litzen look to be original factory sewn. I can only surmise that stocks of insignia were used until they ran out. I will add some close up photos later. NH

Looks like a great set, cant wait to see it finished, with a nice battelworn helmet.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Looks like a great set, cant wait to see it finished, with a nice battelworn helmet.
    Got that already - a textbook DD re-issue. NH

...and the other side. NH

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast