Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet stands

Article about: Hi all, My dad recently came home with some feet from some sort of furniture item with the intention to burn them but I saw them and thought that they could be useful. They've been sat aroun

Default Helmet stands

Hi all,

My dad recently came home with some feet from some sort of furniture item with the intention to burn them but I saw them and thought that they could be useful. They've been sat around until I got a chance, and as I'm not at work today I got started.

I'm not sure what wood they're made from but they have a dark stain over them. I drilled through and inset a nut into the bottom of bloc, then used what was a spindle from our old garden decking with a nut inset. And just bolted these together. I've had to cut and sand down the decking spindle to the best height I could.

Following this I used contact adhesive in some sponge for a buffer pad. To protect the liner and the inside of the helmet I chose to sacrifice an old sock as my work boots chew them up

I had made a few others from the old decking spindles for caps but the feet made heavier bases for helmets and with the slanted front I may find a way to inset a cap badge or medal to enhance the display.

I hope you all enjoy my little endeavour,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet stands   Helmet stands  

Helmet stands   Helmet stands  

Helmet stands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet stands
    P
    Many

Another example, this being the first one I made being taller than the first I posted it was too tall to fit inside the cabinet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet stands