Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Just a few junks of Tin from my collection

Article about: Thought maybe it was time to post up a few lids from my collection as I have never shown them all in one place before I do not have a lot of computer time right now as work is stupid busy so

?

Thanx Michael I was quite happy to only pay about a $100 US for this example...

Regards Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just a few junks of Tin from my collection
    P
    Many

?

First production run Argentinian M-1 as produced by FM
    Finland M 35/38 one of approx 75,000 that were ordered from Hungary
    UAE and or Saudi Arabian variation of the M 2 /M 1-C there is very little information known in regards to these helmets and or there production numbers..
    Bundeswehr M-62 with Zeltbahn cover and net
    And a rather interesting tan cotton cover that looks to have been sporting a duel lugged cap badge at one time

Regards Mark

Liking the West German M62!!! great helmet cover!!!...... One of my favorite patterns!!! And.....still really vibrant colours on it!!!
    Argentinian M1 is VERY nice too!! It'll go well with your Argentinian M2!!!
    The unusual UAE M1C looks to be mint as well!!!!
    Interesting ..that Tan cover for a Tommy hat!!!
    And great Quality photos of all!!!
    Well done Mark!!!

Keep em coming!!!

?

Thank you sorry it has been some time since I last updated the thread one thing leads to another here are a few more recent acquisitions...

BGS M35/53
    French Tap 56
    Grenzschutzgruppe 9 der Bundespolizei ( GSG 9 )
    Regards Mark

?

And I know there has been a lot of doubt and there are a few collectors that are non believers but I have been working on a little project and have some way to go before it is completed but I think I have been able to substantiate with photography that...

Regards Mark

?

One mor this morning I added another first variation CG-634 composite with the earlier first pattern Cad-Pat cover I can never seem to keep one of these on my shelf for more than a few months and they migrate to a different continent..This particular example ticked all the right boxes for me though as it shows good heavy usage indicative to a field worn example and has a rather nice ertsatz repair to the fastener for the web harness... As a new bolt and a female snap have been installed as a washer the front of the cover is nicely marked with the letters ME TECH so I am of the opinion it would have belonged to a Medical technician ( Medic ) there is a bit of writing on the back of the cover as well but will need a closer look with a black light to see if I can make out any more details...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just a few junks of Tin from my collection   Just a few junks of Tin from my collection  

Just a few junks of Tin from my collection   Just a few junks of Tin from my collection  

?

When I seen this Schlueter front seam Swivel Bale four panel come up for sale in the marketplace it immediately caught my attention it has been repainted at least once in it's service life .
    The heat stamp as best I can tell is 352A which would put the production in late 1944..The liner was produced by the Seaman Paper Company and it is sporting black painted A washers. I am rather curios if this four panel would have been reissued for service in Korea or possibly Vietnam as the liner is sporting a piece of white medical tape with the name of one Shore G.T. service number ER11477159 it was suggested to me that the number would have been in use in and around 1968..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just a few junks of Tin from my collection   Just a few junks of Tin from my collection  

Just a few junks of Tin from my collection   Just a few junks of Tin from my collection  

Last edited by Mark K; 08-06-2017 at 12:10 PM.

?

Imperial Japanese Army ( IJA ) type 90 I was quite pleased to finally be able to add one of these helmets to my collection and with the help from a couple of friends and collectors who did some translating they were able to determine the soldiers name was Fujisawa and he served with the 1st Calvary .. There is a bit of an interesting anonymity with this particular example as the liner is from an IJN helmet ...

Regards Mark

?

cracking collection Mark, are you looking to adopt? am up for consideration lol

Keep um'coming Mark fantastic collection of such varied examples of great combat Helmets...................

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast