Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Just got these: EKs, Bayo and more

Article about: After consulting the forum, I went for these items, which I received just the other day. Thank you very much to all who helped with advice - you know who you are. A friend brought these to m

?

Default Just got these: EKs, Bayo and more

After consulting the forum, I went for these items, which I received just the other day.
    Thank you very much to all who helped with advice - you know who you are.
    A friend brought these to my attention. One of his colleagues had them for years without ever getting around to neither displaying them nor collecting more items.
    I got them for an okay price. They were not given away and neither did I want to bargain hard with a friend of a friend. The seller was very nice to chat to and seemed a nice bloke.
    The decorations can of course in no way measure up to the TR items which some have here (as new frosted EKs and such), but they are mine and I am well chuffed
    I have several TR bayonets. When I saw the one in the pic below, I thought what the heck, Ill get that too.
    It was not as if I needed it and the metal scabbard looked worn, but the price was right.
    In the initial stage of dealing, I asked seller whether or not it was a matching number bayo and was told it was not.
    Imagine my surprise, when I received the bayo; Scabbard is clearly worn/handled quite a bit. The finish is worn down to the metal except with a 'shadow' of a darker area where the bayonet frog rested.
    I think, this was carried but not taken out of the scabbard a lot.
    The blade is factory fresh with a few markings near the point from being drawn from the scabbard a few times. Scabbard has no dings or dents, just worn down to the metal is all.
    I have tried to show the edge in a pic. It is flat and has obviously never been sharpened so blade is basically as new (almost).
    But here is the bonus; when I received the bayonet, it had been put in the scabbard, so it showed the scabbard number and the bayo makers factory code when slightly drawn from the scabbard.
    When I examined the bayonet, I was pleasently surprised to discover, that the numbers matched!

Allgemeine Sturmabzeiche has been repaired and is possibly ground dug.

EKI - unmarked Deumer.
    EKII - Steinhauer & Lück.
    Verwundetenabzeichen in silver - Förster & Barth.
    Infantrie Sturmabzeichen - unmarked JB & Co.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just got these: EKs, Bayo and more
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just got these: EKs, Bayo and more

Nice score.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Way to add some treasures to the collection, all in one punch. Great!

A nice haul, well done

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Congratulations on aquiring this group of items!
    Even if they are not in the best of condition, they are original. That is what counts the most.
    The condition only determines the price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Good for you Scout!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....