Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kid Got To Show Off This Past Weekend

Article about: My kid is a member of the local CAF wing. About 4 times per year, the wing hosts a Wheels and Warbirds Pancake Breakfast. When ever this event comes up, they ask my son to display some of hi

Default Kid Got To Show Off This Past Weekend

My kid is a member of the local CAF wing. About 4 times per year, the wing hosts a Wheels and Warbirds Pancake Breakfast. When ever this event comes up, they ask my son to display some of his stuff, they give him the back corner of the hanger to do with as he pleases. He loves showing his stuff off, talking to people and telling him the history behind the various pieces he has, especially the family stuff! Here are a few photos of him and his stuff, taken this past weekend.

Oh, and the old Plymoth is NOT part of his collection
    Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kid Got To Show Off This Past Weekend
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kid Got To Show Off This Past Weekend

Excellent stuff

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I think so too. He's off to a great start, now all he needs is a place to put all his stuff besides MY OFFICE

We are working with him to cut down on the clutter, when he displays...EVERYTHING does not have to be put out! I've helped him make up ID cards that tell a little about various items, we leave some unintentionally (the family stuff) so the he can tell the story himself. He's got another display coming up in a couple of weeks, at a Veterans Day event, he was asked to show at....me and the wife will help him clean things up a bit and be more presentable, table covers, less stuff etc.

Lucky kid, great stuff!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Awesome

I've always wondered how old your son is. Does he ever post here on the forum?

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Oh, and the old Plymoth is NOT part of his collection
    Russ & Son
    i bet he wishes it was
    very nice display russ it looks wonderful he really has a nice collection
    tell him to get on the forum we have a name ready "mydadsson"

tom

Giz & Tom, I've actually tried to keep this little spot hidden from him as I come here often looking for info on some little tibit I've stumbled on for him, without his knowlage. Recently, while doing his own search on on of his items, he stumbled on to my best kept secret and found a lot of his stuff posted on here.....The Cat's Out of the Bag! I'm guessing he snoops around in here without my knowlage, trying to get a heads up on something I may have picked up for him and saving for a special occasions.....he can keep on snooping, everything stays under wraps now....ARE YOU READING THIS MY SON???? LOL. Lets see if he posts in the future....

As for the car, he's not too interested in that old thing but he's wanting a VW Bus real bad!

In the fourth photo down, the Indonesian looking kid in the sailor suite is me, 17 years old and fresh out of boot camp in 1981. In that same shadow box is a photo of me and my wife, taken the following year at her Senior year homecoming...I wore my sailor suite. To the right, of the shadow box is a photo os a Marine in Dress Blues, that is my father and mother when they married in 1961, my kid has the dress blues my father is wearing on that photo. The sea bag the photo is on is my dads first issue in 1945. Further to the right is a young kid in the army beret, that's my nephew who is serving in Afgan, as I type this. And way in the top back is a photo of Stalin, taken in 1938, not a relative!!!