Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Meet Georg Stein

Article about: Georg Stein was born in Hamburg on 29 September, 1916. After RAD service he joined the Luftwaffe as a young Flak Kanonier. His front line service was in Light Flak Battalion 76. His unit was

TWS
    ?

Default Meet Georg Stein

Georg Stein was born in Hamburg on 29 September, 1916. After RAD service he joined the Luftwaffe as a young Flak Kanonier. His front line service was in Light Flak Battalion 76. His unit was first attached to the 6th Panzer Division and then to the 2nd Panzer Division for Barbarossa. No surprise then that his Wehrpass is an Army version. I purchased his entire estate a while back and finally decided to set up a photo shoot display to highlight his items. Disclaimer: The Fliegerbluse and the awards on it are not his original awards, but I am fortunate to have a Fliegerbluse that "fits" him perfectly and I pulled badges out of my collection to outfit the Bluse almost exactly like the one he is wearing in the photographs. All other items come from his estate. His award documents contain two signatures of Generalmajor Gotthard Frantz, commander of 12. Flakdivision, and one of Generalmajor Richard Reimann, commander of the 18. Flakdivision. Georg was a lucky guy: No wound badge! And, he was evidently captured by/surrendered to the American Army as can be seen in his POW discharge document. Although looking through his photographs I feel I can see his war experience in Russia reflected in his face when comparing his pre-war photos with the late war ones. Noteworthy to me is his award document for the driver's badge with golden cord. That is the only example of such a document I own and the award is also entered in his Wehrpass. Along with individual small arms qualification, he also qualified on both the 2 cm light flak 30 and 38 cannons.
    Meet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg SteinMeet Georg Stein
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Meet Georg Stein
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Fantastic grouping Todd and great idea to recreate his uniform
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A wonderful and very interesting display Todd.

Congratulations, Todd. You have done an outstanding job. The collection of related objects, the profound study of the "Wehrpass" and your accurate interpretation of the evolution of man as the war years and his experiences marked his face and personality: I can only say congratulations.

Santi.

This is what history is all about. Well done in what you have put together - really interesting.
    nick

Quality job from a quality guy !! Your passion for items & the history involved is unmatched. Most just collect & don't get a chance at something like this.
    Well done !
    D.

Well done and a great display. Thank you for sharing the history.
    John

?

Wow... This grouping is absolutely amazing. Congrats Todd

TWS
    ?

Thanks for the kind comments gentlemen. I am very glad you enjoyed my presentation. As real steel mentioned, I really dig the history of a good grouping. Like many collectors, I acquire plenty of pieces with no name or history attached. But when I can get a grouping that tells a story I find myself fascinated. I like the stories of the "regular Joe", the common soldier. The stories of generals and KC holders etc. are well known and widely available, but the stories of the little guy are fated to fade into obscurity.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."