Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

Article about: I promised to post pictures of my collection and room as I get it set up so here is a little sample of how I display my bayonettes. I like glass vitrina's so I finally found one I liked to p

?

Default My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

.......and those who are still serving. I am amazed at the collections displayed here and have been dying to share my collection as well. I thought it would be great to start this off with kind of a tribute to my Grandfather who served in the 329th MB 104th ID "Timberwolves" "famous for night fighting and ranked among the top Divisions of the war" in WW2. So I will start this off with the items I have from him as well as some of his "bring backs" in my collection. Im still collecting info on his carrer so I will comment on that as we go or as questions are asked. I am also in the process of getting the "Man's Room" up to par and my collection displayed properly so I will add photo's as I get it together. All comments etc. are welcome and I hope you enjoy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

First up is simple but among my favorites is a 104ID patch he wore. Im not shure how many of these are floating around in the family but Im glad to have one of them. My uncle and cousin who are both patch collectors also have some "not sure how many" and I was lucky to abtain this one from my cousin Mark. My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

Here is a book he had on the Div. My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

It is full of newspaper clipings and letters from other vets he served with. Should be a good read. My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

Here is a medal he was presented April 30 1995 "Rememberance Day 50th Anniversary of Liberation" For his role in liberating prisoners at Dora-Mittelbau Dora-Nordhausen concentration camp. If I remeber right he took a trip there in 1996 retracing his footsteps from France to Germany with his son's in which he turned over all his personal documents and information he had of the camp during the war to the museum there. In 2005 my father and I went there to visit and learned that there had been a change of management since then and all the info from my Grandfather was either lost or stolenMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served 2 yrs after this trip in 96' my Grandfather died in 1998. I have been to Nordhausen 3 times. It is infamous for the production of the V-1 and 2 rockets as well as the harsh conditions of slave labour.

?

Here is 1 of 2 of his helmets that I know of. My sister has the other one which has the red crosses painted on it. Someday I hope to get it from her but its only fair to share the wealth around the family even though she is not a collector. She is however a nerseMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

Here is the front of the shell with rank painted on front and battle roster painted inside. My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

Sides with unit and division stickers. My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

Next to mine. I never cleaned the desert in it If I had all my families stuff together it would be quite a display From the Revolutionary War to present dayMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

?

Here are some papers he had. I dont have a scanner but I wanted you to be able to read these so I took closup photos. At the time my Grandfather was growing up my family still spoke Swedish so he was used as a unit interpreter for the German POWs. So if you were captured by the "Timberwolves" you met my opa. My father speaks German and he and my uncle have both spent time over here in Germany. My father as a civilian and my uncle in the Army. While over here they encountered 1 or 2 German vets who remembered my Grandfather. They exchanged contact info but nothing ever came of it. I have some addresses of some vets and persons interested or related to the 104ID but sadly its a race against time to contact these people before they pass away. Here is the first front and back. My collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who servedMy collection and a Tribute to my Grandfather and those who served

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast