Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first field display - making progress!

Article about: Hello friends, I know it's not strictly according to the forum rules (posting individual items etc.) but I thought I'd present my field display items thus far, for critique and comment. I am

?

Default My first field display - making progress!

Hello friends,

I know it's not strictly according to the forum rules (posting individual items etc.) but I thought I'd present my field display items thus far, for critique and comment.

I am building this display around a Feldwebel's tunic to Inf.Rgt.423, so I bought a map case, and am hunting for a decent set of binoculars/case and pistol holster. I couldn't pass up the matching bayonet though, and I had the ammo pouch before the tunic, so threw them in together. The compass has no case but has a lanyard with a snap-hook to one end - where might this attach to, I wonder?

The helmet is my double-decal M35. I'll post threads for the bayonet, helmet and compass separately soon. The tunic, belt and M31 canteen I have already put up in the appropriate sections.

Edit: I have to get a mannequin, I know. Excuse the coat hanger!

My first field display - making progress!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first field display - making progress!
    P
    Many

?

Very nice set up.
    Cheers,
    Colin

?

I like it ! … I’d pursue a standard type flashlight as well, even if no Y straps , it’s a nice item to add around your display - Dan

?

Quote by zook View Post
    I like it ! … I’d pursue a standard type flashlight as well, even if no Y straps , it’s a nice item to add around your display - Dan
    Will keep an eye out for one! I have a pair of y-straps, but I wonder would they go with the display? I've seen photos of Feldwebels and other NCOs wearing all kinds of set-ups: K98 pouches and y-straps, MP40 pouches and y-straps, no y-straps with pistol holster, almost always binoculars, map case, no map case... So I'm still undecided as to what to actually show. I imagine the likes of the bread bag, gas mask, canteen, mess kit were standard for all other-ranks?

Nice grouping Fiore ..I moved your thread here to Collections & Displays

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Very nice. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Nice grouping Fiore ..I moved your thread here to Collections & Displays

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry. I posted in field gear because I didn't think it really deserved the title of 'display' just yet. More a pile on a couch

Hello,
    You're on the good way.....and why not a whistle with braided laynard....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Nice lot, your display makes me remember the time when I had only one ammo pouch for awhile back in '93! My collection then was almost the same as what you have there.

Nice collection of items. It is always fun to add or change as time and money allow.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast