Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW Art

Article about: This is my HMS Ajax ( No7) collection, I live I Ajax Ontario and the Town was named after the Ship, all the street names are named after the Sailors, and when they ran out of their names, th

?

Default My HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW Art

This is my HMS Ajax ( No7) collection, I live I Ajax Ontario and the Town was named after the Ship, all the street names are named after the Sailors, and when they ran out of their names, the streets were named after the Sailors of the other 2 Ships that were with Ajax when they went after the Graf Spee.
    The best piece is the ships bell from the Officers Mess, the fellow that owned it would not sell it to an "American" even after I expolained I was Canadian and that the Town was named after the Ship, so a friend in Wales made the deal ( took a couple of months), after he received the bell he emailed the past owner and explained he WAS American, ex US Navy, and that the bell was going to Canada!
    The next interesting item is the German POW made HMS Ajax in a Bottle. German POWs made many different ships in the bottle to trade of items they wanted, then there is an old unbuilt model, a napkin ring made from the wood on the deck as well as a Cap.
    I am always looking for HMS Ajax ( No 7) items

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    My HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW ArtMy HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW ArtMy HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW ArtMy HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW ArtMy HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW Art

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My HMS Ajax Collection Including Bell and POW Art
    P
    Many

thanks to you and the town for remembering.

Very unusual and rare group, the bell must be a real prize item in your collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Fantastic items, thanks for sharing!...