Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Italian Corner

Article about: Hello everyone! For the past two years my great interest has been in the Italian front of World War 1. I just find every aspect about the war in the mountains absolutely unbelievable, and so

?

Default My Italian Corner

Hello everyone!

For the past two years my great interest has been in the Italian front of World War 1. I just find every aspect about the war in the mountains absolutely unbelievable, and so I have been focusing my collection more on this specific period. I am very proud to show off my Italian corner! With some items from other eras, but it is mostly WWI.

So, allow me to break down my collection!

First and foremost, we have the crown jewel of my collection, an artillery officers (rank of tenete or lieutenant) tunic. WWI Italian uniforms are very hard to come by and I am very grateful that I managed to find one. It is in fairly good shape for being over a hundred years old!

Next, we have an American uniform belonging to PVT John Werbeach of the 332nd infantry regiment. Werbeach was wounded on November 4, 1918, the same day as the armistice. The jacket itself is quite fragile, especially the Italian ribbons, so I put the uniform in a frame where it lays flat. Also in the frame are two of the three medals that Werbeach was awarded. They are not original to the uniform itself.

I also have a post WWII helmet along with some WWI era medals. On the wall we have a 1940s era Italian flag, which still has the original tag, a commemorative WWI cloth map/banner, and some pictures and documents of Italian soldiers, including a few family members who served after WWI/ during WWII.

BONUS: I was not able to find a table that was the proper size to hold the frame, so I built one myself!

Nowadays, I really only look for artifacts from this era so hopefully I can continue to grow the collection. I hope you enjoy it, and if there is anyone out there who likes talking about the Italian front, shoot me a PM! I am always interested in chatting!

Best,

Bodey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Italian Corner   My Italian Corner  

My Italian Corner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Italian Corner
    P
    Many

As an Italian I love it!

?

Great display! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Well Done Bodey ...History matters most

Really Nice to see the most obscure of these arifacts and just brings to light more to study.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry and Rich A. for the kind words. I think the fact that Italian campaign items are less common fuels my interest even more on the topic...