MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

My Knife Collection

Article about: I have been collecting knives of various types and configurations since about the mid to late 70's. I have not photographed many of them but will do so to post them here. Since AZPhil said h

Hello gentlemen,

What a collection, Ralph, I am impressed and there are some that would make me really happy if I collected knives. Well done for these beautiful pieces and good luck with the next ones.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Knife Collection
    P
    Many

Quote by Carfin LEWYS View Post
    Hello gentlemen,

What a collection, Ralph, I am impressed and there are some that would make me really happy if I collected knives. Well done for these beautiful pieces and good luck with the next ones.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.
    Thank you Carfin!
    I have quite a few more in my collection already, I just have to take photos of them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

While pulling some more of my collection to take photos, I ran into another of these rolling pin locks.
    This one, I suspect is for someone that works in the pharmaceutical profession.
    It has a flat extension from the back end of the knife, most likely for separating, and counting out pills, or another form of prescription.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I don't really have any Spyderco knives in my collection because the knife and blade design don't really appeal to me but, I do have a few of the smaller and more collectable ones.
    Including a necklace, and a tie pin version.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

Pretty darned impressive Ralph....

Bob

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Pretty darned impressive Ralph....

Bob
    Thank you Bob!

I believe this dagger dates from the civil war era. It is very similar to, and of approximately the same era as the daggers I posted in post #46.
    It has a silver cutlery handle, (frequently seen in that era), is not in the best condition, but these are a little difficult to come by, and are not cheap anymore.
    It has a three banner etch on one side of the blade. I can make out the middle and last banner, Liberty, and Independence. I can not make out what is on the first banner anymore.
    Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

Default The Facón

Here is a facón from my collection.
    These were used by the legendary Gauchos of South America. The gaucho played an important symbolic role in the nationalist feelings of the region, especially that of Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
    The first recorded use of the term Gaucho dates to about 1816. The gaucho in some respects resembled members of other nineteenth century rural, horse-based cultures such as the North American cowboy.
    These men were generally reputed to be strong, honest, silent types, but proud and capable of violence when provoked. The gaucho tendency to violence over petty matters is also recognized as a typical trait.
    The Gauchos' use of the facón, a large knife generally tucked into the rear of the gaucho's sash,is legendary, often associated with considerable bloodletting. Historically, the facón was typically the only eating instrument that a gaucho carried.
    Gauchos dressed and wielded tools quite distinct from North American cowboys.
    And although they are not as predominate as they once were throughout the ‘Pampas’ of Argentina, their most prized possession was, and still remains today, is his knife! The Gauchos were known for never carrying a gun, only his ‘Cuchillo’ knife. It was his only tool and used for everything; from cleaning his horses hooves, cutting his steak, even settling a disagreement. Their knives were fondly referred to as 'The Peacemaker' !

This is a more recent production from Spain, which is likely where many of the original ones originated.
    It has an Alpaca silver handle and sheath, and an etched blade.
    Some of the older ones are very ornate, and beautiful, also, not really accessible for me. This is the first one that has been available to me.

Ralph.

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

My Knife Collection

MAP
    ?

Neat! I have one of these on my desk!. My Dad brought it back from one of his trips to south america in the late 70's/80's. Made by INOX like yours. Actually I think INOX is not the maker but a term for the steel used. But not really sure.

It is the same style but the pattern on the sheath as well as the engraving on the blade is different. The sheath has Gaucho's roping bulls and the blade is a wagon pulled by bulls on one side and Gaucho's around a campfire on the other.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael.
    I've wanted one of these for some time, and this one became available from a friend, and fellow knife collector. So, I jumped on it.
    It's the same as militaria, I can always upgrade later.
    Ralph.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11