Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My MAX show haul.

Article about: Just a quick down and dirty photo shoot of what I came home with. It all fit on the standing desk. Can't say the same about last SOS, but I was more restrained at this show. 1. Named Luftwaf

TWS
    ?

Default My MAX show haul.

Just a quick down and dirty photo shoot of what I came home with. It all fit on the standing desk. Can't say the same about last SOS, but I was more restrained at this show.
    My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.
    1. Named Luftwaffe Flak Oberstleutnant service dress tunic.
    2. Single button Heer M43 with Jaeger badge.
    3. Double button Heer M43. Once a common cap but real ones in nice shape are getting harder.
    4. Heer Panzergrenadier Officer visor cap. Later war with ersatz sweatband and black visor underside.
    5. Mint '44 dated panzer crewman trousers (the very ones Waffenreich had posted a short while back - thanks Bob).
    6. Field worn '40 dated steel Heer belt buckle with '41 dated tab.
    7. Heer belt and aluminum buckle, unit stamped to 6. Schuetzen Regiment 1 of 1st Panzer Division. ( I have a Waffenrock stamped to the same exact unit down to the same company, so it was an easy decision to buy it).
    8. Assmann type "K" Fallschirmjaeger badge in zinc.
    9. The book "Panzer Krieg" by Jason Mark. Supremely detailed account of three Panzer-Abteilungen in Operation Blau/Stalingrad. A must for a combined Panzer and Stalingrad nerd like myself.

It was a pretty good show. Perhaps even better was the opportunity to hang out with and shoot the breeze with multiple members of forums who I normally just "see" on-line. I won't name names so as not to sully their reputations for having associated with me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My MAX show haul.
    P
    Many

Impressive ..you were at the right places at the right time is all I can say. Usually the good stuff is picked over leaving the lack lustre behind .

Congratulations on a very good hunt
    The named uniform is a find in itself.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Todd....
    Seriously great items!
    Wauw..love the panzergrenadier visor
    That must have set you back a years earnings to get all of this at once
    Super investments.. congrats will look more tomorrow
    Night time here
    Best ones
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

MAP
    ?

You know I want that grenadier visor......I will keep hounding you until you give in....LoL!

Just kidding! Great items!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Thank-you gentlemen! I actually got off to a slow start on Thursday. I only picked up the Panzergrenadier visor cap and it was a deal that was arranged a month in advance of the show. The seller was coming in from France for the MAX so we arranged to meet there and do the transaction. I also knew the panzercrew trousers were going to be there in advance but didn't know if the seller and I could come to terms. He's a great guy and a "friend" on another forum and we were eventually able to find a mutually agreeable price. The rest was due to hours of roaming the aisles on an intense "hunt". Oh, well the double button M43 turned up in the items of my friend whose tables I was helping to man! LOL, gotta love that. I really lucked out on the Schuetzen Regiment 1 stamped belt, but I would never have known it was there had I not been doing a lot of chatting and socializing. It came up in conversation that I had an SR1 Waffenrock... stamped to that exact company. What are the odds? The Jaeger M43 hat was a find, because I have a uniform it will go extremely well with. I need to get up and go in the next room and swap it on the mannequin head!My MAX show haul.My MAX show haul.

Yes, good thing the MAX and SOS are both only once a year. I can only afford those shows at that rate!

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    You know I want that grenadier visor......I will keep hounding you until you give in....LoL!

Just kidding! Great items!
    Took me all year to find one that was the right mix of price and condition! And I had to get it out of France! Hound away... but I'll resist!

Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Killer haul Todd - Go big or go home!!
    So the panzer crewman trousers - will they be forming part of a larger display?
    Nick

Nice haul indeed - the tunic is an awesome piece. Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

What a great items!
    I personally love the Luftwaffe Flak tunic.

Regards, Rik

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast