Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

Article about: After being a member here at War Relics for exactly one year now I thought it was time to show a bit of my collection. Hereby some pics (made with my phone) from my modest Soviet ww2 Great P

Default My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

After being a member here at War Relics for exactly one year now I thought it was time to show a bit of my collection. Hereby some pics (made with my phone) from my modest Soviet ww2 Great Patriotic War collection. Paperwork is not shown, too much to show plus on top they are all stored away in file folders. Since my focus drifted away from German, British and American I also decided to not include this here.

First up my medals starting with campaign and anniversary medals, followed by Bravery and War Merit medals. All, apart from the anniversary medals are wartime medals with wartime suspensions. Many still with their original first wartime ribbons.

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection
    My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collectionMy modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

Second up my display cabinet, only the Soviet part is shown here. All Guards and Excellence badges are wartime badges. The orders of Red Star, Great Patriotic War 1st and 2nd class, Glory 3rd class, Red Banner and Nevsky are wartime awarded Orders. The ushanka is also a wartime worn one with battle damage from shrapnel (unfortunately not the best pics - my sunscreen is broken and can't be lifted...so no real sunlight in my collectionroom for now).

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collectionMy modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

Finally some fieldgear, for the moment stored away in a box. All fieldgear is original wartime and real used condition. No mint depot items in my collection

Edit: some pics turn out to be tilted. Can't see how that is possible?!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection
    P
    Many

Wow, Marcel! Your's is an estimable collection!
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 11-16-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks a lot Bill. It is much appreciated!! I still think it is a modest collection though, compared to the many excellent collections I've seen everywhere.

Very impressive.

?

Beautiful!

A fantastic collection. The Soviet awards are some of the most attractive I think as well.
    Nick

I agree Nick. Soviet awards are the most beautiful. Plus what is important to me is that these can be traced back to individual persons and the brave deeds they had to do to get these awards. That makes Soviet awards so much more personal than any 'nameless' medal.

?

Really cool collection!

Fantastic lot! Thanks for sharing!

Very nice collection Marcel! I especially like the Ushanka, and the Nevsky.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast